Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Looks like a solid start! Are you planning on running supports across the roof?

The only potential issue I see is with the axle/wheels. I can tell, but if that's not a 3500lb axle, you're going to have issues.

If it is, are you planning to put larger tires on it? I would assume the answer is yes.

Looks like a good size, and I look forward to seeing it progress!

Reactions: Makendust

JamesSmith

Rank IV
Investor

Advocate III

Columbia, SC
First Name
James
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Service Branch
Army Infantry
I'm new here and would appreciate any feedback and ideas or suggestions on the rtt trailer that I'm in process of building.
Bigger tires…. Looks great so far and I appreciate your sharing. I have been converting a M416 Mil Jeep trailer. Will finish it this spring and have several trips planned. I appreciate you sharing your progress.

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Looks pretty stout. Can you share your vision a little more? Will the tent sit atop the main box or raise above it? Will the box be enclosed for gear storage? Do you plan to carry bikes or a quad in the trailer with a roof tent above? Lots of potential for sure!

Coming along nicely!

Makendust

Rank III

Advocate II

West Virginia, USA
First Name
Curtis
Last Name
Reynolds
I'm new here and would appreciate any feedback and ideas or suggestions on the rtt trailer that I'm in process of building.
Bigger tires…. Looks great so far and I appreciate your sharing. I have been converting a M416 Mil Jeep trailer. Will finish it this spring and have several trips planned. I appreciate you sharing your progress.
Yes I'm planning on upgrading hubs and adding spacers for bigger tires.

JamesSmith

Rank IV
Investor

Advocate III

Columbia, SC
First Name
James
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Service Branch
Army Infantry
Boxed in with access doors on front and rear. The tent will be raised with room for kayaks ect. between tent and trailer
Am doing the same with my M416 - tent above trailer bed with kayaks running underneath the tent rack. Sounds like a solid plan.