Rookie from Lancaster

• HTML tutorial

PAfozzy

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ephrata, PA, USA
Member #

Greetings all from Eastern PA! I am brand new to the concept of overlanding and all-wheel drive/4x4's. I recently switched from a VW Jetta which I ran for years and just acquired this 2014 Subaru Forester XT Touring. At this point the only modification I am aware of is the roof basket and the new emblem, but I think the previous owner may have updated the headlights to Morimoto and it has twin Hella horns.

It is my daily driver and was purchased primarily so I would have a car that I could easily transport a kayak and that I could drive places our two Jetta's couldn't. Some video's and posts on overlanding got me thinking that I could do a whole lot more with my vehicle and hope to do some basic mods in the future to improve its offroad ability. @Wawa Skittletits build thread has been inspirational. Funds are extremely tight with my wife pursuing a degree to lead into medical school and myself planning on starting into college soon as well but a few small mods here and there are on the radar.

By night I am a Paramedic in Lebanon and Lancaster Counties and by day I am an excit.... nevermind, by day I mostly sleep LOL. Other than fishing, hunting, hiking and backpacking my primary hobby is leatherworking, you can see my extremely small stock of leather products on Etsy - JEleathercraft

A rookie to overlanding but I spent a few years growing up on a farm which gave me some basic mechanical knowledge, I am also a volunteer firefighter and rescue tech and a paramedic so I hope I wouldn't be completely useless on an expedition. :)

IMG_20190224_181829_484.jpg

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Welcome to Overland Bound! Great to see another Subaru driving member and the fact that you hale from the great state of Pennsyltucky is a bonus. I appreciate the compliment and I’m always glad to help so feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions.

Razorrc

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684
Welcome to OLB from Southwestern Pennsyltucky.

PAfozzy

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ephrata, PA, USA
Member #

Thank you guys! I did look up MtnRoo and will see about becoming more involved with that crew. Thanks for the suggestion!

Tuck1562

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Krause
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3RQG
New hear from Lancaster.. new to overlanding and OB myself. Hope to see and meet more from area.
Welcome