Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

This is my review on the 'RSE EZ Rack' kit for the RotoPax cans and accessories.

The system is well designed and a breeze to instal. The kit ships with 1 nylon ratchet strap and 2 steel mounting plates that are to be woven through the nylon strap. Once the pax mounts have been installed onto the plates and the you chose a desired position over the rear spare tire, simply ratchet the strap tight.

I have had this system for the last 2 months and have been through some crazy bumpy terrain. I can say this system has held up great and doesn't take up much space at all on the rig. This is a great kit for those looking to save space on the rig and carry those gas cans in a convenient easy to reach spot.

Rock Slide Engineering has two types of metal they fabricate their mounts from. 'Steel and aluminum'.

Their Website:
https://www.rockslideengineering.com/

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 1.19.19 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 1.19.14 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 11.23.29 AM.png

S

SubeeBen

Sweet looking mounts. Love you can remove them when not on the trail to avoid getting them stollen. Thanks for the info, will be looking into one of these. Actually just looked at the website. Can you use 1 strap & 2 mounts in your opinion ?

Reactions: Nickzero

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Sweet looking mounts. Love you can remove them when not on the trail to avoid getting them stollen. Thanks for the info, will be looking into one of these. Actually just looked at the website. Can you use 1 strap & 2 mounts in your opinion ?
The systems intended purpose is to use both plates opposite of each other interlaced with the nylon ratchet strap around the spare tire. Once strapped down the plates wont move and you can mount j cans or tools to the plates. Very cool invention.

S

SubeeBen

The systems intended purpose is to use both plates opposite of each other interlaced with the nylon ratchet strap around the spare tire. Once strapped down the plates wont move and you can mount j cans or tools to the plates. Very cool invention.
Gotcha thanks so much ordering one tonight . Thanks again .

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Gotcha thanks so much ordering one tonight . Thanks again .
Yessir! If you intend on using this kit in conjunction with rotopax make sure to buy the origional pax mounts. Dont buy the fuelpax mount, it wont alingn with holes. I chose to get the rotopax deluxe mount. Oh and no need to go any larger than a 3 gal gas rotopax can. Hope it helps!

Reactions: SubeeBen
S

SubeeBen

Yessir! If you intend on using this kit in conjunction with rotopax make sure to buy the origional pax mounts. Dont buy the fuelpax mount, it wont alingn with holes. I chose to get the rotopax deluxe mount. Oh and no need to go any larger than a 3 gal gas rotopax can. Hope it helps!
Awesome great info thanks so much. Would it be capable of holding 2 2 gallon Rotopax on each side in your opinion

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Awesome great info thanks so much. Would it be capable of holding 2 2 gallon Rotopax on each side in your opinion
Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 6.08.22 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 6.08.27 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 6.08.18 PM.png
*Correction I chose to go with a 3.5 Gal Fuel Pax J can with a 1.75 Gal Rotopax white j can. Both cans work with the original RotoPax mounts. I would suggest spending the extra $ on the 'Deluxe' rotopax mounts since they have the tensioning handle on them. --- The reason I did not go with (2) 3.5 Gal or even 3 Gal for that matter is because the driver side can would block the door handle and would be a pain to open the door. --- Very snug setup, and the can does not contact the body when the door is open wide! Hope the pics help.

S

SubeeBen

View attachment 86535 View attachment 86536 View attachment 86537
*Correction I chose to go with a 3.5 Gal Fuel Pax J can with a 1.75 Gal Rotopax white j can. Both cans work with the original RotoPax mounts. I would suggest spending the extra $ on the 'Deluxe' rotopax mounts since they have the tensioning handle on them. --- The reason I did not go with (2) 3.5 Gal or even 3 Gal for that matter is because the driver side can would block the door handle and would be a pain to open the door. --- Very snug setup, and the can does not contact the body when the door is open wide! Hope the pics help.
Gotcha great pictures & info thanks again.