Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Maybe that road has specific conditions that make yielded to down hill traffic easier. That road is one way through the challenging parts and I believe that section is down hill in the direction of travel. maybe that's why. If you're headed up, you're going the wrong way.
That is kind of what I was thinking as well.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

HEYElliott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Markham, Ontario, Canada
Member #

I always figured uphill gets right of way (Same as mountain biking) as its much more difficult to start from stop going up vs down. However theres always someone (in mountain biking called a Strava**hole - someone who is trying to set a time record) who wont stop even if its for a very short period of time to let another pass.

Frank&Bride

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Arizona, USA
Member #

I know this is an old thread but wanted to add one item of caution.

If you are on a logging trail or just a heavy forest area, logging semis will NOT stop or slow down when coming off a hill. Keep an eye out a ways down the trail for them or the dust plume and be very ready to get to the far side of the trail to let them pass. They have a huge amount of weight behind them that prevents them from stopping and not losing control as well as the risk of their load breaking free.

Spent a lot of time in the Idaho Mountains and have encountered this situation many times.

Reactions: murps