Launch Member

Contributor I

Rhode Island, USA
First Name
Dorian
Last Name
Costa
Member #

I haven’t seen much information about trails in southern New England, and I definitely want to push my rig to the limits. So far the only place I came up with was Jackson in Pascoag RI. Some spots are easy, and some spots are very very rough. The mud pits are unforgiving but generally if wheeled right you could make it through in a stock vehicle. Anyone else have other cool trails around close to RI? Last night I hit a mud pit and it completely ate the whole front end of my truck and messed up a whole bunch of stuff. But it’ll be fixed and ready for more trails soon enough. Rig: 2019 Tacoma OffRoad Manual. Any input is welcome, thanks guys ! Keep Trailing

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

I haven’t seen much information about trails in southern New England, and I definitely want to push my rig to the limits. So far the only place I came up with was Jackson in Pascoag RI. Some spots are easy, and some spots are very very rough. The mud pits are unforgiving but generally if wheeled right you could make it through in a stock vehicle. Anyone else have other cool trails around close to RI? Last night I hit a mud pit and it completely ate the whole front end of my truck and messed up a whole bunch of stuff. But it’ll be fixed and ready for more trails soon enough. Rig: 2019 Tacoma OffRoad Manual. Any input is welcome, thanks guys ! Keep Trailing
There is a meetup coming up in your area. I'm sure you could get some good local knowledge from the folks there! Here is the Rally Point link.

https://www.overlandbound.com/event/rigs-r-us-central-rhode-island-meetup/

Reactions: dorianjoseph

Neonsnow78

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Somerset, MA, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Snow
Member #

i went years ago , like 15 but cant remember many of the trails, i want to say i went in on the industrail park in fall river across a long bridge, but again i have no idea how to get there LOL

Neonsnow78

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Somerset, MA, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Snow
Member #

There is a spot on the Cape (Brewster) that we go to that lasts about 2-3 hours. Nothing technical. Another area that is near Freetown is Copicut Road but I've never been. Only places I know for overloading type trails are all in VT, NH, and ME.
Freetown is the same, fun area but nothing crazy. I’ll have to check out the one on the cape at some point

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Today I went to a particularly regal town's little waterfall. Nice little trail leading in. Made it a pretty good distance with my Sierra, although once we found a place to park (it was really just a tiny nook to the side of the trail), we walked the rest of the way.

20200530_193719.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomadik Nova

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

It's not obvious in that picture, but that group of stones in front of my truck is strewn around a slightly more harshly graded drop-off. I know I could have made it past this obstacle but it wasn't worth potential damage to the truck. Next time I will come back after the front has been leveled and I have 32 or 33 inch off-road tires. Later along the trail, it becomes impassable by such a large truck. Anyway, with the help of my lovely assistant who spotted me, I backed up about 10 feet and parked off to the passenger side of the truck. Big as it is, I was still able to move aside of the trail to let a Wrangler pass by very easily.

We had all three dogs with us and the rest of the easy hike was a nice departure from this COVID pall that has been cast over the land.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

We are at 10:22 pm, bathing the dogs after checking them for ticks. Scout the Thundah Beagle had not one tick found on him, though there was evidence of a bite that killed the tick. Meanwhike one of her Yorkies had managed to collect 3. This is a good time to stress the importance of giving a monthly flea and tick topical or chewable to your dog.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Awesome @ThundahBeagle !

Do you mind sharing which town/waterfall? I'm relatively new to the area, just moved to Falmouth, MA (on Cape Cod) this past December and haven't been able to get out much yet.

Really looking forward to exploring my new state and the surrounding areas (ME, NH, & VT especially).

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Awesome @ThundahBeagle !

Do you mind sharing which town/waterfall? I'm relatively new to the area, just moved to Falmouth, MA (on Cape Cod) this past December and haven't been able to get out much yet.

Really looking forward to exploring my new state and the surrounding areas (ME, NH, & VT especially).
@Nomadik Nova
Welcome to Mazzachuzitts! It sucks here for this type of thing. Places like this are few and far between. I have to drive an hour or two to get anywhere interesting (except the ocean, of course).

Let me PM you some details of where this is. It's a pretty small falls, but interesting.

Attachments

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

@Nomadik Nova
Welcome to Mazzachuzitts! It sucks here for this type of thing. Places like this are few and far between. I have to drive an hour or two to get anywhere interesting (except the ocean, of course).

Let me PM you some details of where this is. It's a pretty small falls, but interesting.
Thanks brother! I've noticed a lack of trails in MA, especially where I am on the Cape. :)

But I'm no stranger to traveling for trails. I was in DC previously, and would drive 1.5 hours just to get to western VA trails, or 2+ hours to get to WV.