US Northwest Reocurring 3rd Friday of the Month - Beer & Gears ---> Moved to Sunday, March 22nd

• HTML tutorial

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
I hope everyone can make this meet-n-greet. Sockeye Brewing on Fairview is a great place (plus my son-in-law is one of the head chefs there). It'll be nice to put faces with names. Chava (my daughter) and I will be there.

Tell the Greeter you are with the Overland Bound group...

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Mr. Gibbs,

Would it be possible for the March Meet'n'Greet to be held at a restaurant having a party room that we could reserve (12-14 people probably)? It would make talking together a lot easier/effective... :-) Else we could meet at a park?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Any updates on this? It’s getting close and I am trying to pencil it into my calendar for this month.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Any updates on this? It’s getting close and I am trying to pencil it into my calendar for this month.
I'm not sure. I was originally going to Washington the weekend of the March meet up, but given the recent situation, we've cancelled those plans. Given the current situation, I'm wondering if we should considered canceling this month's meetup.

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
I'm not sure. I was originally going to Washington the weekend of the March meet up, but given the recent situation, we've cancelled those plans. Given the current situation, I'm wondering if we should considered canceling this month's meetup.
Here's a link to the new rally point. I think with the meetup being outdoors we should be fine. We can make sure we have plenty of separation. But I support everyone's individual decision concerning public gatherings...

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Here's a link to the new rally point. I think with the meetup being outdoors we should be fine. We can make sure we have plenty of separation. But I support everyone's individual decision concerning public gatherings...
You make excellent points. I'll play it by ear, but as of right now, I'll plan on attending, but will be leaving the family at home for this one.

Reactions: M Rose

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
The plan is to meet at A2 at the park as long as the weather is not too bad...

JuliusKleinerMemorialPark.png

We decided that if the weather is too bad for next weeks Meet-n-great, we would take it inside right across the street at the The Village at Meridian.
We'll meet at the building labeled
PA on this map if the weather is too bad... Calle-75 Street Taco's and Rice Works are both great food, decent pricing, and have plenty of room for a group to meet. And there's coffee...
Capture.PNG

If you have any last minute questions of need guidance to the event (rain or shine), please call me directly at: 208-571-2998. If I don't answer directly, please leave a good message and I'll call back ASAP...

I'll ask Dave Gibbs to add this to the Rally Point description.

Attachments

Last edited:

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
The plan is to meet at A2 at the park as long as the weather is not too bad...

View attachment 144628

We decided that if the weather is too bad for next weeks Meet-n-great, we would take it inside right across the street at the The Village at Meridian.
We'll meet at the building labeled
PA on this map if the weather is too bad... Calle-75 Street Taco's and Rice Works are both great food, decent pricing, and have plenty of room for a group to meet. And there's coffee...
View attachment 144624

If you have any last minute questions of need guidance to the event (rain or shine), please call me directly at: 208-571-2998. If I don't answer directly, please leave a good message and I'll call back ASAP...

I'll ask Dave Gibbs to add this to the Rally Point description.
I have decided that due to the current situation, this time around, I will be skipping this one. I'm operating under a stay at home unless absolutely necessary policy right now. For those that do attend, please stay safe, and protect yourself as best you can.

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
@David C Gibbs,

Can you update the Rally Point description to include the above alternate location (Calle-75 Street Taco's) at "The Village at Meridian". Please feel free to include my cell phone number on the page so people can contact me at the last minute if needed for info or directions.

Thanks................