Launch Member

Influencer I

Shorewood, IL
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
Fick
Member #

Howdy OB Midwest, I'm headed to the rally this fall for my first visit to this event. I watched the video from Michael and Corey's trip, figured I'd give it a go. I created a Rally Point if anyone is interested in traveling together to the event from the Chicago area. I'll be leaving from Channahon on I55 South early the morning of the 16th. Hoping there's some interest from others to join me on the trip.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Have a great time. I hope we can do another OB event like that again sometime. I think I am still finding Ozarks mud under my LR4 from the trip. (You saw my LR4 in those videos, it was a lot of fun but messy)

TacoDia

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Collinsville, Illinois, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
W
Member #

@UploadAdventure Sharing 3 or so groups with you (STL Tacoma Owners on FB, Tacomaworld and here) would be interested in finding a place where we all could meet up or even do some group camping for those interested. Wife and I will be heading down Thursday morning so we can try and grab a spot ahead of time. If anyone else from any group is able to get there Thursday we can arrange an area pretty easily. Last year I was along the airfield and think I remember someone in one of the groups mentioning finding a spot there this year. Kinda hard to track everyone across 3 sites lol. Think we could arrange something across all the groups?

Reactions: UploadAdventure

UploadAdventure

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dixon, MO, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Monsalvo
Member #

@UploadAdventure Sharing 3 or so groups with you (STL Tacoma Owners on FB, Tacomaworld and here) would be interested in finding a place where we all could meet up or even do some group camping for those interested. Wife and I will be heading down Thursday morning so we can try and grab a spot ahead of time. If anyone else from any group is able to get there Thursday we can arrange an area pretty easily. Last year I was along the airfield and think I remember someone in one of the groups mentioning finding a spot there this year. Kinda hard to track everyone across 3 sites lol. Think we could arrange something across all the groups?
Out by the airfield was the TW recommendation. I think that area had the least amount of traffic and it was pretty open. But not sure how wet the ground will be. (Also less dust)

I was also thinking about staying closer to the vendor area this next time. There was a pretty good spot when you were going to the overflow parking toward the air field.

I’ll shoot you my number and we can coordinate when you get there. I’ll be there that day myself. We should shoot for at least 4/5 trucks camping.