Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fenwick Island, De
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Barry
Member #

I'm changing vehicles and want to remove my OB badge from my rig and install on new rig. Any tricks to getting that thing off without pulling off the paint?

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I'm changing vehicles and want to remove my OB badge from my rig and install on new rig. Any tricks to getting that thing off without pulling off the paint?
Heat it up with a hair dryer or heat gun nice and slow. Take some fishing line with one end in each hand, pull taught and run it gently behind the badge. This is how we used to get the badges that some auto dealers would put on cars when we got trade ins at the shop.

Reactions: Arailt and Jedi

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

Yep, hair dryer or heat gun. If you’ve never used a heat gun, be careful because they can ruin the paint. Fishing line helps if needed. Also, Goo Gone (NOT Goof Off) or WD40 will help with the residue.

Reactions: willlord and dwb133

dwb133

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fenwick Island, De
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Barry
Member #

Heat it up with a hair dryer or heat gun nice and slow. Take some fishing line with one end in each hand, pull taught and run it gently behind the badge. This is how we used to get the badges that some auto dealers would put on cars when we got trade ins at the shop.
Great. Thanks