First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Update Pic.PNG

Ok Folks updates for the Region which I am hoping to make into a regular feature so you guys know what is happening within our region and have the opportunity to get involved and have your say.

The Loch Lomond & Trossachs Event went really well with members coming to join in and initially get together. This was followed by the Spring Adventure Overland Show which despite the weather was a great success. Again a number of members got to meet up and put faces to names and a number of plans were discussed for future trips.
I personmally had discussions with many of you and the consensus is have more meets and trips. So that is the focus for now.

Thank you to all the members that made an effort to join in in and come and say hi.

Slight delay getting Loch a Lomond stickers posted, apologies, hope to get them sent out today

Admin and OB HQ
OB South East 2019 - A lot of the focus has been on this event. This is a huge so lots of planning by Corrie and Micheal etc.

Adopting a Trail - Is a relatively new idea where by OB Members adopt a trail to help maintain them and keep them open. Not sure how this could work here but with @caspoint220 already looking at a Events Archive - Overland Bound where we can get together help clean up the area and have some fun along the way.

Promotional Material - I'm in discussions with OB HQ regarding some additional Promo Materials for our meets. Caps and T-Shirts that can be handed out to say the person who travelled the furthest to the event or the event organiser. Lots of things we can look that will hopefully give a little back to those that make the effort.

Forums - I have asked OB HQ to have the Europe Forums tidied up and the Region Titles match the new regional map. Hopefully this will help with searching for the right forum and knowing which forum to post in. If posting new threads in other forums I think it would be a good idea to start the title with Europe so we can use the search function to identify our region specific posts.

Abentuer Allrad - I'm in discussions with OB HQ and other Europe Regions regarding supporting this event. I hope to be there (work dependant) and I have requersted promo materials specifically for this event. Robert in Mid Europe has put up a rally pouint for this event so any members interested in joining in then head there to show interest and getr up dates.
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/overland-bound-at-bad-kissingen-annual-meet-up-2/

Meets.
Salisbury Plain Trip - Nik has been and will be recceing a few routes and he sent me some others to take a look at. Not had a chance to do much with them just yet but will make it a priority.

Wales Trip - Graham is contacting his farmer friends regarding access for the routes. This promises to be a great opportunity driving tracks not normally open to the public.

Northumberland - I need to speak further with Elliott⁩ to get routes and a plan together

Trail Guardian Event - @⁨Stephen Waddel⁩ is in communication with Forestry commission on this

I think that is the main ones currently in planning although I am interested in a NE250 Weekend and a week on the NC500 as a few members requested this.

Remember this is our community we are building so it takes a little effort from all of us to get it moving.
I'm here to help push through what the community wants and needs to help it grow into the community we are all looking for.
Any issues you see or need help with message me as that's why I am here. Additionally any ideas for improvements again lets get the conversation going.

Thank you
Dave
Overland Bound West Europe Director