Rafts for fishing?

• HTML tutorial

RangerBill

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA
Member #

I've had a Watermaster for years. It's perfect for slow to moderate rivers and smaller lakes. It's not exactly sleek, so rowing for longer distances can be a grind. You can put a trolling motor on it if you want.

IMG_1796.jpeg

IMG_1804.jpeg

Jhop567

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sagle, Idaho
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRFL231
Service Branch
LEO
I have a Hobie Pro Angler 12 that I really like. Its a touch heavy (120 lbs empty) but I can either trailer it for the small lakes around here or throw it in the back of my PU. You pedal it like a recumbent bike to move around and it leaves both hands free to fish. You can stand up in it (it's easy to turn back over and re-enter) but if your center of gravity is slightly North of your beltline, it can be tough (reread ease of re-entry). And it supports my rather large frame and accessories quite well.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

When I hear raft I don't think kayak or inflatable, my mind goes to huck fin and logs lashed together with rope. If the definition is anything that floats without a motor then technically my 17ft lowe big jon is a raft as long as I don't start the mercury.

I've seen people fish off of pool floats and inflatable beds both can make good rafts

BlackDog1

Rank II

Enthusiast III

The Mitt
First Name
John
Last Name
C
Member #

NuCanoe Frontier 12ft. They also have flynt which is a 10 foot version. I love it. But heavy but for a solo fishing fishing craft is second to none. Lakes and rivers are stellar as well as any bolt on add on accessory you can think of. Gas motor or electric motor compatible.
Wide for casting and standing site fishing.