Antioch, California, United States
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Adolf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6QAD
He guys, I'm in East Bay California. Do we have a radio guy I can chat with? I need ro get three rigs radioed up. Kind of a newbie myself. Wanting to commo better with the groups. Thanks.

Reactions: ObiShawnKenobi

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

He guys, I'm in East Bay California. Do we have a radio guy I can chat with? I need ro get three rigs radioed up. Kind of a newbie myself. Wanting to commo better with the groups. Thanks.
I'm not a "radio guy" per se but if you just want to decent COMMs I'm pretty experienced there.

Reactions: ObiShawnKenobi

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
The first and most important thing is to find out what type of radios is everybody using, not brand, but band. CB? GMRS? Ham 2M? Ham 70CM? For the most point, none of these can talk to the others.

Once you know that, get back and we can help you with good brands and installations.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Any follow up on this? I've been wondering the same thing....
We have a commo group… but first like @old_man said, we need to know more information… what kind of radio service, are you licensed on those services, what kind of vehicles (in radio land rig refers to the radio, not the vehicle), and lastly budget.

Reactions: El-Dracho