Racetrack Playa and other high clearance locations

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

Nor Cal
Hey all,

I am kind of a new truck owner but really new to taking my truck off the road. I'm kind of re-thinking that I may have bought the wrong truck for taking it off the road. I really love my truck and I honestly do not want to trade it in or sell it especially since I am still paying it off.

Anyways on to my actually question relating to the subject line- is my truck considered as a high clearance vehicle. I am assuming it is because it has FWD. I am going to be purchasing a camper shell for my truck in a couple of weeks. When that happens I plan on going to several locations that are considered "high clearance" spots. I want to make sure that I do not get stuck or stranded some place where a tow truck can't get to me.

What are some items that I need for these types of roads where I am going to be relying on myself or perhaps assistance from other off road peeps (I'd rather not with the latter) to get myself out of sticky situations.

After the camper shell I am going to be purchasing Nitto tires.

But I am looking for smaller items that I can purchase in between the "bigger items".

If someone could direct me to a general thread that has a list of items I should look into buying for "needed items" when I go camping.

Thanks!