Rank II

Traveler III

Mesa, AZ
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Gutters
Member #

Hey guys, looking for recommendations on spots near mesa for quick overnights, would like to go out twice a month locally on my weekends, any suggestions welcome

IAm_Not_Lost

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Arizona
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Yeats
Member #

This time of year I would jet up to the Payson area and hit the Mogollon Rim. Probably a 1.5 hour drive, maybe a little more. Literally no end to beautiful remote dispersed camping spots, meadows, creeks, exc to explore.

I am not as familiar with stuff directly around the Phx area as I live in more northwestern AZ, but I have spent lots of time in the Camp Verde/Sedona/Oak Creek/Mogollon rim regions and it is phenomenal.

I know you're probably looking for stuff that is a little bit closer, but figured I would through that out there.

Last edited:

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
Aztec peak on the way from Lake Roosevelt to Young
Pinal Peak by Globe
White Mountains
Rim around Payson as was said
Those are close areas for this time of year

As the weather cools we tend to go desert exploring to KofA/Quartzite, Wickenburg to WIkiup, Kingman and down south

Billygoat Rocklanding

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

We were up there not to long ago when there was the stretch of 110 and above. We stayed at Winn campground its ran by USFS the have only portable water, so it nice for our family of 6 for 4day vs trying to store and carry 50 gals of water.