Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

How do I go about learning if an area is allowed to be camped on? I've researched several places now and can not get even an indication.. Anyone one know of a source/agency?
Especially interested a spot I see on The Keys.

Noble Savage

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Deland, FL
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Gore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4URN
Trying using a service line OnX or something similar to see who owns the land. From their you can contact the state, county, or owner.

Noble Savage

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Deland, FL
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Gore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4URN
It should have a parcel number attached, it might be leased by the county. If they can’t help try this

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I found two possible spots to overnight on the Keys. Both have been used to do so successfully and kinda unknown to the general public. One being pretty well secluded and the other fairly exposed. One being state owned (the TiiTF) and the other County. I've yet to confirm if there ia a no-overnighting rule/law in place for the entire Keys on public lands or just specific areas.

Noble Savage

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Deland, FL
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Gore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4URN
I’ve camped on Tiitf land before but it was an island near New Smyrna. That island had no classification to it and the county/wardens didn’t bother anyone as long as they make sure it stayed clean. If you check and there is no classification for the land like oil and rehabilitation it should be fine.

Reactions: RJ Howell