Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Ok folks I have an opportunity to ask Michael and Corrie questions directly on 23rd June.

If you have any burning questions can you private message me the questions and I’ll put together a sheet of questions to put to them.

This is your chance to get involved and have your say.

Your local Reps will also be asking you to get involved.

Attachments

Craig.Avery

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Gateside, Beith, Scotland
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Avery
Member #

Thanks Dave, are there any plans for other countries or areas getting their own OB patches designed. Also, are there plans for European distribution for OB merchandise as the shipping and customs cost from the US stops a lot of sales from across the pond. Im sure there’ll be more but wants to get the ball rolling.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Thanks Dave, are there any plans for other countries or areas getting their own OB patches designed. Also, are there plans for European distribution for OB merchandise as the shipping and customs cost from the US stops a lot of sales from across the pond. Im sure there’ll be more but wants to get the ball rolling.
Good questions. I am also interested in these two questions and the answers to them.

Ordering OB merchandising itmes from the US is a pain for us in Europe due to freight costs and customs.
(1) Adding freight, customs and tax (depening on certain thersholds) is for single articles/ smaller orders not in relation to the value of an article and
(2) the processing through customs takes very long (my experience in Germany up to three weeks usually!).

I remember that this topic was discussed before. Is there any chance to rethink how to deal with that topic? Maybe open a dedicated shop for Europe which ships from a store in Europe to destinations in Europe (or at least EU, because Switzerland and UK could cause again other problems).

Stickers and patches for Europe
If I remember correctly, there was an announcement that new stickers and patches for Europe will be available soon. Right? What is the status regarding this, please?

Great that there is this possibility of such a Q&A session again. I will think about more questions and topics in the next days.

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Come on folks this is everyones chance to have a say and get the answer direct from Michael and Corrie.

ask a question, have a moan and get feedback.

We can make this to our advantage

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Only things I can think of are some already in the Community Ideas and Requests section.
1) Can we have a Military Service Designation in our online profile?
2) Will there be any Military patches/decals made?
3) Can we have a OB flag designed for vehicle travel (i.e. strong enough to be placed on a vehicle while driving)?