Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Worcestershire, UK
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Booker
Member #

Hi, I suppose this must be my first Q. I am looking for a trans pyrennes route coast to coast. If there is a route on this site where would it be located? or if anyone knows of a route but it is elsewhere any pointers would be appreciatwd.

Thanks.

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
If you're talking about the Pyrenees/Pireneos then I suggest a full loop - start anywhere on the loop and go either clockwise or anticlockwise around the range. Stay close to the mountains: i.e. Pamplona, Jaca, Aínsa, Alp, Perpignon, Foix, Tarbes, Pau, Oloron Sainte Marie, St Jean Pied de Port, Pamplona (starting wherever you like). Carcassonne is worth a side trip. I wouldn't bother with Andorra, personally. If you explore the smaller roads into the mountains whenever possible it will add a lot, in my view.

Reactions: Trekker52

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

Wikiloc is your best friend. I did one of the loops about 6 years ago and I am going again, Saturday I will be somewhere near Girona.
I did this one, in the link below. Most of the info is ok, but sometimes it is out of date. Some torrent might have taken the road out and so on, but you usually can find some bypass.

You can download the route and import them in to Maps.me, or which is the best off-road and off line navigation map the works in Europe that i know of. .
It is based on topo maps and it is an open standard, it has even smallest paths and hiking routs, and it works off line.
The nav algorithm is not so good, but the maps are great.