Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Here's a link to the conqueror 19. It can weigh up to about 8500 lbs but hopefully we would keep it around 7500.

What is a base plow-truck? Is the base work truck?

Thanks for sharing your experience.
The Ram and Ford lots in the northern midwest will be filled with base-ish model trucks for yard work and snow plowing companies by fall.

Usually well equipped for overlanding, without any bling, keeping the price low. And far cheaper priced than the online builders. Left overs in December are a sweet deal. That's how I got my 2017 f250, ccsb, fx4 for $38k OTD.

For example, an f250 plow truck will have the fx4 offroad package, plow springs which are almost a leveling kit, more powerful alternator for pumps and lights, maybe extra radiator for extended idling (which likely doesnt apply anymore), and rubber floors.

You should also consider a less capable trailer like Ouydoors RV and dropping it at a Basecamp.

Might be worthwhile to consider an F550 with a custom camper box ss well.

cortttt

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Western U.S.
First Name
cort
Last Name
Johnson
I can't answer your tow vehicle question. I can address the need for a winch though. I go to the desert and have been stuck. I've used a winch to pull myself out by both off a vehicle and my spare wheel buried in the ground with a stout steel bar behind it and the winchline going through the center of the wheel connected to the bar. Nowadays you can get a properly sized Pullpal anchor or a Deadman fabric anchor to do the job. Watch Matt's Off-road on Youtube to get an idea of what it might take to get a truck/trailer unstuck. HTH

Thanks Advocate! I actually do have the Deadman anchor - thankfully haven't had to use it yet. I have a hi lift jjack which I've used as a pulley but the van I have right now is so darn heavy I really need a winch to do the job in sand. Thanks for the reminder :)

Last edited:

cortttt

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Western U.S.
First Name
cort
Last Name
Johnson
The Ram and Ford lots in the northern midwest will be filled with base-ish model trucks for yard work and snow plowing companies by fall.

Usually well equipped for overlanding, without any bling, keeping the price low. And far cheaper priced than the online builders. Left overs in December are a sweet deal. That's how I got my 2017 f250, ccsb, fx4 for $38k OTD.

For example, an f250 plow truck will have the fx4 offroad package, plow springs which are almost a leveling kit, more powerful alternator for pumps and lights, maybe extra radiator for extended idling (which likely doesnt apply anymore), and rubber floors.

You should also consider a less capable trailer like Ouydoors RV and dropping it at a Basecamp.

Might be worthwhile to consider an F550 with a custom camper box ss well.
Thanks - I had no idea. Does the CCSB refer to crew cab short bed?