Professional movers

• HTML tutorial

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
What you are moving is key. And there are some things I would not even trust to professional movers. If it can't be replaced you are best off taking responsibility for it yourself.

And if looking for specific recommendations, then it matters where you are and where you intend to go. Many movers are like professional contractors and they have regions they work in.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

The big national movers are often the best. We have used United twice. They were neither the cheapest nor the most expensive but they billed exactly what they quoted and nothing got damaged. Incredibly professional.

Our last move was 2500 miles.

R.1161b786f3e981bac9ac2c26c46b3881.jpeg

Reactions: Old Tanker

jimmyjamson

Rank I

Contributor III

Switzerland
First Name
jack
Last Name
austin
The big national movers are often the best. We have used United twice. They were neither the cheapest nor the most expensive but they billed exactly what they quoted and nothing got damaged. Incredibly cheap movers abu dhabi.

Our last move was 2500 miles.

View attachment 218916
We are moving from SC to Chicago in a few months and are trying to decide if it's worth it to hire professional movers or do it ourselves. My family has always done it ourselves, but I have a ten month old and just don't know if I can manage it. For those of you who've used professional movers, was it worth it? What company would you recommend?

jimmyjamson

Rank I

Contributor III

Switzerland
First Name
jack
Last Name
austin
We are moving from SC to Chicago in a few months and are trying to decide if it's worth it to hire professional movers or do it ourselves. My family has always done it ourselves, but I have a ten month old and just don't know if I can manage it. For those of you who've used villa movers in abu dhabi, was it worth it? What company would you recommend?
no response to this

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
There are too many variables.

It is not just how far you are moving, but how much you need to move, and how much of what.

There are some things that movers simply will not move. There are some things that cannot be replaced if the movers damage them. There are some things that I just would not trust in anyone else's hands. And there is the question of the cost and your own budget, versus the time you have available to do it yourself.

jimmyjamson

Rank I

Contributor III

Switzerland
First Name
jack
Last Name
austin
There are too many variables.

It is not just how far you are moving, but how much you need to move, and how much of what.

There are some things that movers simply will not move. Some things cannot be replaced if the movers damage them. There are some things that I just would not trust in anyone else's hands Caperemovals. And there is the question of the cost and your budget, versus the time you have available to do it yourself.
thank you so much for your response and suggestion

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Short story: We hired professional movers 24 years ago to move our household about 6 miles. We moved the stereo system, and the heirloom China ourselves along with a small amount of other personal irreplaceable items. As they were loading our old armoire into their truck, the lead man exclaimed to me- this thing is falling apart! I retorted, you’d be a bit fragile too if you were 150 years old. His attitude changed immediately and they handled everything after that very carefully.

I looked at it this way. If I moved all our stuff there would be no insurance if I damaged it. If professionals damage something they are insured. If your furnishings are worth anything, hire a pro. One of the big carriers, mayflower, allied, etc.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
this is weird....
this thread is 2 yrs old. the OP joined the day they started this thread and it is their only post. also "last seen" two days after they joined...

i wonder...:confused:

1702912076727.png

Last edited:

jimmyjamson

Rank I

Contributor III

Switzerland
First Name
jack
Last Name
austin
Short story: We hired professional movers 24 years ago to move our household about 6 miles. We moved the stereo system, and the heirloom China ourselves along with a small amount of other personal irreplaceable items from JHB Removals. As they were loading our old armoire into their truck, the lead man exclaimed to me- this thing is falling apart! I retorted, you’d be a bit fragile too if you were 150 years old. His attitude changed immediately and they handled everything after that very carefully.

I looked at it this way. If I moved all our stuff there would be no insurance if I damaged it. If professionals damage something they are insured. If your furnishings are worth anything, hire a pro. One of the big carriers, mayflower, allied, etc.
also thank you for your suggestion

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
this is weird....
this thread is 2 yrs old. the OP joined the day they started this thread and it is their only post. also "last seen" two days after they joined...

i wonder...:confused:

View attachment 270556
That’s gotta be it. Probably doing long time on terminal island. 2 years eh? I’m always very fashionably late.

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

I'm moving this month, and plan on renting an uhaul trailer. 2 hours distance, hopefully it won't be too many trips.

jimmyjamson

Rank I

Contributor III

Switzerland
First Name
jack
Last Name
austin
Start to read a lot of reviews and don't try to save money on high quality service, it will cost you more. Tested on my own. Hired some movers for my first move and it was a disaster. A lot of hidden fees and broken items. At my second move I got all my tips from Three Movers | Movers With Truck | 1,2,3 Guys Or More | Best Movers With Truck Near Me. So I analyzed very well who I pay Chicago Safe Movers ... Read reviews, asked for price estimations, confirmed they have proper licenses.
also thank you