Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Southern Vancouver Island
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Freer
Member #

I am beginning to plan a trip between Prince George and Prince Rupert in July. I am looking for ideas about places not to miss and where to camp. I will be with my wife and my son. I am much more adventurous than she is, so am not looking for places where I will need heavy recovery gear to get to, :grin: But good camp sites, things to hike in and see, great places to eat when everyone tires of my camp cooking, that my Jeep XJ will reach. We are planning for about 7 days.

Reactions: Northernlady

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hazelton is a great area to explore and be sure to check out the Ksan Indian Village. I will be driving this route in two weeks and I will take note of any other sights and stops you should make. The entire drive is beautiful, especially between Terrace and Prince Rupert.

Reactions: JimInBC

JimInBC

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

First Name
Jim
Last Name
Freer
Member #

Thank you Karen, appreciate it. I had not found Ksan Village it looks like a must see. I look forward to any other ideas.
Now if the fuel prices do not go too crazy the trip will be a little more doable.

Hazelton is a great area to explore and be sure to check out the Ksan Indian Village. I will be driving this route in two weeks and I will take note of any other sights and stops you should make. The entire drive is beautiful, especially between Terrace and Prince Rupert.

Northernlady

Rank V
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Last I checked PG still has spam of the cheapest fuel in the province. My last fill up was at Costco at $1.17
I remember visiting the Ksan Village when I was a kid. There were incredible totems and teepees, sweat lodges etc. And if I remember correctly camping was pretty easy there too.

Reactions: JimInBC

JimInBC

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

First Name
Jim
Last Name
Freer
Member #

1.17? We are at 1.40 at costco. 1.45 ever where else. I have added it to the list. camping looks good there, it has hot water and showers.
Last I checked PG still has spam of the cheapest fuel in the province. My last fill up was at Costco at $1.17
I remember visiting the Ksan Village when I was a kid. There were incredible totems and teepees, sweat lodges etc. And if I remember correctly camping was pretty easy there too.