DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
The dispersed camping site we just checked out requires the use of a portable toilet (due to water supply in the area)

This thread has a lot of good info and made the search for what we would get very easy.

Thanks for the info.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

We use the 5 gallon bucket, trashbag and a lid. Nice to have a few buckets around for other stuff too and you can stack to whatever height your comfy with, you can use em to dig sand, carry water, tools, firewood and anything else you can fit in a bucket. Puncture a gas tank and buckets come in real handy.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
We use the “clean waste” tripod toilet.. my wife was sick for three days last trip out, but it didn’t stop us from primitive camping in the least. That tripod toilet works great and folds down to briefcase size ! Before that we had the 5gal bucket with snap on seat/lid.. it worked well too, but a big pita to pack.

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

The only issue that I see with a portable flush toilet is that you have to use RV dump facilities to empty it. I’d rather go with a clean waste solution...

You can dump them down a regular toilet, first thing I do when I get back home.

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

We have one with a 5 gal holding tank, IMO the 2.5 is too small. We don’t fill it up with water, we just open the handle and go down the “hole” into the holding tank then rinse the bowl out with a water bottle with a squirt top. It sits on a small rubber car floor mat in case of any misses. To clean it I pull the whole thing out at home with the hose/soap and hot water. I use x2 the pottie juice recommendedCF347DA7-B7E1-4A0E-90C5-A866E9898B5B.jpeg so no oder. My Wife is a big coffee drinker, we would never get anywhere with pee stops! Great in the middle of the night when nature calls.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

You can dump them down a regular toilet, first thing I do when I get back home.
We have one with a 5 gal holding tank, IMO the 2.5 is too small. We don’t fill it up with water, we just open the handle and go down the “hole” into the holding tank then rinse the bowl out with a water bottle with a squirt top. It sits on a small rubber car floor mat in case of any misses. To clean it I pull the whole thing out at home with the hose/soap and hot water. I use x2 the pottie juice recommendedView attachment 140008 so no oder. My Wife is a big coffee drinker, we would never get anywhere with pee stops! Great in the middle of the night when nature calls.
I have one just like that, it can be dumped down a toilet, but I use the clean-out in my yard. Out in the open (fresh-air)To insure everthing goes well I run the water in the house to assist everthing on out to the sewer. Out in the back country it's a game changer for my wife. A instant potty tent is also handy.

Reactions: Flipper

Get Out GO

Ambassador, Africa

Influencer III

Randburg, South Africa
First Name
Christoff
Last Name
Eilerd
Member #

Okay so this is a local problem but this is why we use a PT in a cubicle next to the vehicle :wink:
Bathrooms are free game (excuse the pun) and you don't exactly want to be caught with your pants down doing your business in the bush either...

Attachments

zuccaro

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

New Jersey
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Zuccaro
Member #

We use a wooden toilet seat with groove routered in it so it sits on the rim of a 5 gallon bucket. We line it with trash bags. Simple and cheap.

Reactions: madcratebuilder