Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Great photos and video! I'm totally stoked right now, can't wait! I planned on departing this Saturday at 08. Do you have any recommendations, tips and suggestions?
Thanks. The view over Beverly Dunes is cool. I took photos from two places on the edge. I had been there twice before. This time we also went all the way to the west side above the Saddle Mountains Sand Dunes. That was very awesome. Kind of scary driving up on the knoll since you can't see what is in front of the rig.

Reactions: Shahn and LunarOne

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Great photos and video! I'm totally stoked right now, can't wait! I planned on departing this Saturday at 08. Do you have any recommendations, tips and suggestions?
I also forgot; it is windy up there at times. Last June we tried to camp there but I did not want to lose the roof top tent in the wind. We stayed the night at Beverly Dunes. It was windy there but not as bad Saddle Mountains. Beverly Dunes you need a Discover Pass to camp.

In this photo you can see Saddle Mountains behind our camp at Beverly Dunes.

Last edited:

Luinil Explorations

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Wherever I am at the moment
First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
sharing our travels with the world.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
There is a BLM dispersed campground on the left as you are headed to Painted Hills from US26. If you are west of Burns on US20 there is camping at Chickahominy Reservoir. Twentyfive miles past Chickahominy there is camping at Glass Buttes with the bonus of obsidian laying around.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

@LunarOne, did you make it up to Saddle Mountain the other weekend? I'm thinking I should have skipped my previous plans and gone with you. I ended up having to change the water pump on my 3500 Ram in a parking lot in Pullman after having to make a 1.5 hour trip to track one down.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Any ideas or suggestions around the NW it could be a day trip, cold camping or even just a Christmas tree run.
This Saturday we have room for a few rigs on the EWE Christmas Tree Snow Wheeling Trip - 11/27/21

Next month we have room for a few rigs on the EWE Kids Sledding 4x4 Trip - 12/11/21

Most of the Forest service roads around here will be closing for Snowmobile Grooming in December. Some wildlife areas for habitat. The Wenas Wildlife Area Umtanum Ridge Area is open all year. Most of the area has nothing to winch too. Best to go in a group. At this time we have room for a few rigs on the our trip there EWE New Year's Day Wenas Wildlife Area Snow Wheeling Trip - 1/1/22

Most of the Quilomene and Colockum Wildlife Areas are open all year. Going up Parke Creek Road can be challenging in the winter. We normally play on Colockum Road in the winter. You want to play in some deep snow? We have our club challenge in March. PM me for details.

Beverly Dunes should be open all year and is a good place to camp other than the summer mosquito season. I have only seen Beverly Dunes closed a few times over Government funding power playing. We will be there for the day in February for the 1st Annual EWE Winter 4x4 Meet & Greet - 2/19/22. Everyone welcome.