Rank II

Enthusiast I

Oregon
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Hook
Member #

Does anyone know if this will be an annual thing in Bend moving forward?

Reactions: Kent R

SimplyLesa

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Witch Well, Arizona
First Name
Lesa
Last Name
NeSmith
Member #

As an instructor and volunteer at Overland Expo. In a collective sense, the organization, as far as I know, have not made a decision about future events at PNW.

Matt9

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bear Valley Springs, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Perkins
Member #

i got a survey from the expo saying random drawing for tickets to next years event for completing the survey so sounds like might be a repeat in 2023

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Overland Expo has committed to the fairgrounds for next year.
Personally I like the layout and venue but attendance was lacking, we need to get the word out to all Overlanders in the area about the event.

To keep the event viable there needs to be a good attendance.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
We will be going back also, Liked the event location (it helped that it rained a lot this season so the grass in the campoing area was pretty green), port-a-potties were cleaned often and the camping was very mellow, and even being under the approach path to the airport, was quiet at night. I do wish the vendor section was open in the evening to allow shopping out of the heat of the day, and the food vendors were extra proud of thier products and priced them accordingly. Overall a great event, especially it being the first one.

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

Personally I like the layout and venue but attendance was lacking, we need to get the word out to all Overlanders in the area about the event.

We’re numbers put out about the attendance? How do you know it was lacking attendance? Do you think if they allowed group parking reservations that more clubs/groups would attend? Just curious since it was my first expo too.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We’re numbers put out about the attendance? How do you know it was lacking attendance? Do you think if they allowed group parking reservations that more clubs/groups would attend? Just curious since it was my first expo too.
We talked with the expo people on Saturday and they projected 12K. We also met with Overland Bound members who were vendors, the overwhelming feeling was lack of attendance.

One thing to remember is that this is the first year in the PNW, I would bet next year will have far more attendance mainly as the word gets out. I really like the venue.

As for parking, you should find the attendance questionnaire/survey and put that down as a recommendation.

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

We talked with the expo people on Saturday and they projected 12K. We also met with Overland Bound members who were vendors, the overwhelming feeling was lack of attendance.

One thing to remember is that this is the first year in the PNW, I would bet next year will have far more attendance mainly as the word gets out. I really like the venue.

As for parking, you should find the attendance questionnaire/survey and put that down as a recommendation.
Received, thank you. I hope the attendance is up too for next year. I know I’m buying a pass/camping spot asap.

Good idea, I’ll write in for sure. What I heard the most from vendors was that they were thankful for the grass, lol. So hopefully it’s like that next year (fingers crossed).

I enjoyed it a lot. Do you think that the Expo people would work with OB to set up a free tent or station to attract more of our members? We got a ton! Lol. Just a thought.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Received, thank you. I hope the attendance is up too for next year. I know I’m buying a pass/camping spot asap.

Good idea, I’ll write in for sure. What I heard the most from vendors was that they were thankful for the grass, lol. So hopefully it’s like that next year (fingers crossed).

I enjoyed it a lot. Do you think that the Expo people would work with OB to set up a free tent or station to attract more of our members? We got a ton! Lol. Just a thought.
Overland Bond is a media partner with Expo, we have every intention of being at all the expos with a booth next year as we have in the past.

Like in the past I will be asking for volunteers to staff the booth when the time comes.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Overland Bond is a media partner with Expo, we have every intention of being at all the expos with a booth next year as we have in the past.

Like in the past I will be asking for volunteers to staff the booth when the time comes.
Also keep in touch with Northwest Regional Director @M Rose, I will be keeping him updated at time goes on.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

One thing that would help… I noticed a lot of people were trying to buy tickets the last two weeks before the Expo, but online sales had stopped… the website said “Sold Out”… they may need to market it better so that people know tickets are still available at the gate, just not at the presale discount.

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

I’d gladly volunteer to work the booth when the time comes.

shortbus4x4

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Same weekend in July?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #