FOR SALE PNW-Couer D'Alene, ID, PRICE REDUCTION 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser 70 series LX, asking $17,000, local pickup only

• HTML tutorial

Ksevi0311

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Athol, ID
1991 PZJ70 Land Cruiser short wheel base heavy duty diesel.

This rust free 70 series is powered by the Toyota 1PZ 3.5 liter naturally aspirated diesel engine. Vehicle currently has 224,226 km (139,327 miles) and is in excellent mechanical condition. I bought the vehicle from a reputable JDM importer in Seattle with all appropriate documentation in my possession and it has a clear Idaho title in my name.

This land cruiser has the 24 volt heavy duty electrical system, factory heat and A/C, 5 speed manual transmission, manual transfer case, automatic locking hubs, 4.10 axle ratio, manual throttle controller, power steering, power brakes, AM/FM stereo, rear defrost, and rear sliding windows. I also have the factory repair manuals in English, the original Japanese owner's manual, and an English owner's manual. The original Toyota tool kit, case, jack, and road flare are present as well. This truck is not equipped with factory lockers.

In the time I've had the vehicle I've performed numerous repairs and upgrades including:

Timing belt replaced 11/18/2017 @ 206,838 km
3" old man emu complete suspension system
Rebuilt front axle
New Toyota radiator
Freshly powder coated stock steel wheels
235/85 Pro Comp A/T tires
Rebuilt injector pump
Reupholstered/rebuilt front seat bases
Match tinted all windows
Vinyl wrap on roof and hood
Hella headlights
2 new Interstate batteries
Driveshafts rebalanced
New speakers for stereo
Weather tech floor liners
Doors dissembled and locks/window working parts cleaned and greased
New Toyota front brake rotors and pads
Rear drum brakes adjusted
Recently performed an oil/filter change, front diff oil change, air filter, transmission oil change, power steering fluid change, and checked/greased all points where necessary.
I have always ran a diesel lubricity additive when fueling up to compensate for ULSD.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things but I have all the receipts for everything. Truck cruises comfortably at 70 mph getting 23-25 mpg loaded with my camping gear.

The bad: paint clearcoat was beginning to fade on the hood and roof, so I added the vinyl wrap. The dome light does not light when the front doors are opened but functions properly otherwise. Vehicle has a few minor paint imperfections you would expect on a 28 year old vehicle. Front carpet is missing. Tachometer reads approximately 20% high. This does not affect the drivability of the rig in any way.

The only reason I'm selling is my wife and I had another baby, so I need a rig with more seats!

Again, this is a corrosion free 70 series. I was told the vehicle was originally owned by a gentleman who lived in southern Japan, which would explain it. The truck shows excellent proof of maintenance and care just by looking at the vehicle. All of the appropriate Japanese inspection/maintenance stickers are in place.

I'd really like to see the old gal go to someone who appreciates her for what she is. And that is an amazing piece of Japanese engineering that is beyond satisfying to own.

More information available upon request.

Asking $17,000, but reasonable offers will be considered. If you're truly interested, shoot me a message and we can talk. Thanks for reading all this, I did ramble a bit.

Attachments

Last edited: