Launch Member

Traveler I

Greensboro NC
First Name
Leonardo
Last Name
Tolentino
Member #

Hello all my overland bound friends and family . Unfortunately I'm having to be embarrassed an ask for a little help. I lost my job through a rollover wreck that caused me to be unfit to do my duties . There was a small settlement being it was a nc law that protects employers more than employees. Needless to say my funds that I've been living on for past 1.5 yrs has now come to its last 200 dollars . I'm looking at loosing my apartment and my t4r. I'm current trying to do some rehabilitation for me to try and see if I can get another job in the healthcare field . Also in the process of disability. Every penny counts .

Thanks for reading

Leo

Kelso

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Cochrane, Alberta, Canada
Member #

Hey Leo
Sorry about your accident, hope you make a good recovery. I hate to be the guy to say it but you might find an old 4runner will meet your vehicular needs adequately and free up some cash flow for your apartment. When I found myself in a tough spot I decided to sell my 10 month old truck and picked up my current rig for a few grand and am I ever glad I escaped years of car payments! Not trying to be a downer, just trying to provide some reassurance that if that is the route you end up taking that it doesn't have to be a totally crappy scenario. I actually enjoy driving an old vehicle again so I can treat it like an old rig and not be so worried about it!
Again, best of luck with your physical recovery and I hope you find your way through the tough times!

Reactions: John D.