• HTML tutorial

CZHipster

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

South West Florida
Member #

IMG_1986.JPGIMG_1982.JPGIMG_20191202_163007.jpg

With all the manufacturing delays it took me two full years to finally get this. I picked it up on Monday in Tampa. I put my Overlander XL tent on it yesterday and drove it around the ranch quite a bit today with my jeep Cherokee XJ. That’s not my primary tow vehicle, I have a hemi Commander, but that’s what was available today. It was a touch under-powered but it did the job.
I have to say that I’m very impressed with the trailer. It appears to be very well-made. It’s very stable with the large tent on top. It handles well off road. I only have four days with it but so far I am very impressed.

Bulwinkle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yarmouth, ME, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Michaelsen
Member #

I think you will be pleased. I was really impressed with how well everything went together.. It was a concern given how long we waited to get it from the new manufacturer. I made some changes to what I think improved the balance and made some better use of space.. Hope you have fun...

IMG_2671.jpegIMG_2637.jpeg

Reactions: MuckSavage

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Congrats. The trailer is a nice base to work with. I like ,many others, made several modifications .

I had the rear door reinforced.. That was an accident in the making with how weak it was. I have a 10 gallon water tank behind the fridge, mounted a 5lb propane tank above the "kitchen " cabinet.

Made a table for the "kitchen" side to work on , Harbor Freight tongue box mounted on the fender, I moved the spare tire from the tongue to a rear swing out carrier. Added the flag pole mount and High Lift jack.

There is a 160 page thread on Portal about this trailer. There are many great ideas on it.

Attachments

sportsguy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Camarillo CA
First Name
duane
Last Name
forrester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GYI
Digging the Commander/trailer combo! Last Jeep Jamboree I trail guided at back in Canada, i was given a Commander/Hemi for the event. Burgundy over cream interior (SO hard to keep the mud/dirt out that weekend...LOL) Newbies scoffed at me when I said i would take it on every trail they went on that weekend - som eof these newbies showed up in newly minted, lifted Wranglers figuring that was a requirement...LOL Little did they know how capable the Commander was when driven properly and directed to wise line choices! Surprised a ton of folks that weekend!

Reactions: MuckSavage