• HTML tutorial

Ramay

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

McKinney, TX
Member #

Took a weekend trip to Padre Island National Seashore. The trip was fantastic and other than taking a jagged piece of metal sticking out of the sand in that skid plate, went off without a hitch.

Attachments

Reactions: Tray

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

Took a weekend trip to Padre Island National Seashore. The trip was fantastic and other than taking a jagged piece of metal sticking out of the sand in that skid plate, went off without a hitch.
Love your T@G. We have one as well. I have heard that people are setting boobytraps in the sand down there to puncture tires. I did not come across any last time we were down there but was told to look out for things just barely sticking out of the sand. Glad y'all had a good trip. How far down did y'all drive before setting camp?

Ramay

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

McKinney, TX
Member #

Love your T@G. We have one as well. I have heard that people are setting boobytraps in the sand down there to puncture tires. I did not come across any last time we were down there but was told to look out for things just barely sticking out of the sand. Glad y'all had a good trip. How far down did y'all drive before setting camp?
Thanks. We have really enjoyed the T@G.

As for the beach, this was our first trip down. Since we didn’t know what to expect, we only set up about 5 miles down on South Beach. On Saturday, we drove the full 60 miles and realized that we could have pulled the trailer to the end based on the conditions last weekend.

As for potential boobytraps, I had heard the same things. I’m not sure if the metal that we hit was intentionally set or not but the way it was sticking up out of the sand, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was. Fortunately it just hit the skid plate so it didn’t do any damage.