Overlanding cook books

• HTML tutorial

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

the wife & I wrote a few outdoor cookbooks on wildgame cooking. We wrote these cookbooks to be used in deer hunting or hunting camps.
We've came up with a quite few new recipes modifying old classic's too. The other photo is a rendition of a old classic pork taco made into a burger using wildhog & domestic pig, Al Pastor Burger w\ grilled pineapple, jalapeno, red onion relish & smokey chipotle mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato & cheddar cheese.
We ground the wild pork & domestic pork & seasoned it with Adobada Sauce then made into patty's grilled over mesquite chunks.

48394967_1983014675080730_3242158094628683776_n.jpg 46482051_1933257503389781_4265957626593935360_n.jpg

Reactions: Kent R and Tim

Stickbow

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Georgia, USA
Member #

The book that got me into better than Mountain House freeze dried in the early 80s was The Hungry Hiker's book of good cooking by Gretchen McHugh. Just bought copies for my grown sons for Christmas.

Reactions: Kent R

FJ Montana

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Livingston, MT, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Newell
Member #

Sparky

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Jose, California
Member #

I published Overland Cookery earlier this year, feel free to check it out. We’ve got some cooking demo’s on our YouTube channel as well as a nice introductory video detailing the book.

http://www.overlandcookery.com/

In short, the book covers all the logistics you need to know to develop an efficient, robust meal plan. It features a meal planning template that can be customized to trip-specific parameters, and every recipe is classified based off the most perishable ingredient, simplifying planning for extended trips while minimizing food loss.

The videos are for everyone, so feel free to comment on ways to improve them or thoughts on what to do differently, what would make them more helpful, etc.

http://m.youtube.com/channel/UC9exk0lsnVWGbxRBxjqNqtw

willlord

Rank III

Contributor III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Billy
Last Name
Lord
Steven Rinella just published his MeatEater cookbook. Great companion book to his field guide books. A lot of great wild game and other recipes that can be made in the field or the kitchen!