Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Does anyone Overland and paramotor? I know some #vanlife people do, but looking more at more off road vehicles and how they mount their paramotor to their rigs to do full off roading up hard trails. For my rig it would need to be externally mounted, just looking to see other peoples’ solutions.
I’m in research mode to see if I want to add this to the Overlanding/hiking/biking that I already do :)

I’ve enjoyed Tucker Gott’s channel, around minute 2 he’s flying and it makes me imagine cruising over the desert or somewhere after a good day of hitting the trail.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Billiebob

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Have never done that but it must be a hoot... and likely the safest way to fly.

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Have never done that but it must be a hoot... and likely the safest way to fly.
Yeah they say it’s safer than small aircraft, and restrictions are pretty minimal since you launch off your feet. It seems like a fun diversion to add to seeing amazing countrysides via our rigs.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Looks fun where do you get one of those? These are classed as ultralights correct? So no license needed under 1500 ft like gyrocopters and ultralights/ gliders.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

So I'm sure you've seen the Expedition Overland videos. They're into it. Me, personally... I don't see the need to leave a perfectly good ground. I'd poop myself.

Reactions: cruiseroutfit