Parker, CO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kaiser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0HMM
We have a family member with Crohn’s disease, which requires more bio breaks than most people need. Any ideas for making bathroom use in the wilderness more comfortable, easier, or just generally less intimidating, at least in camp?

Reactions: Ubiety

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

We have a family member with Crohn’s disease, which requires more bio breaks than most people need. Any ideas for making bathroom use in the wilderness more comfortable, easier, or just generally less intimidating, at least in camp?
While I’m no expert on the subject, I do have diabetes and the RTT was the first option that didn’t make sense for me.
Shopping the market for alternative options I settled on the standard canvas tents that have a wide range of sizes, some as large as a bedroom.
Take a look at OZ tents, their series 5 is large enough and has an extra enclosed awning option that setups in seconds vs. the option that I picked (Bell Tents)
You also have the 270degree awnings with closed walls that offer privacy and easy access.
I’m wishing you and your family wonderful adventures and happy holidays. I’ll post more pics of my camp setups when I get out this winter.

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
This is what we use when we don't set up our annex. It doubles as a shower too. We use the standard bucket with toilet seat lid with lots of bags of cat litter in them. It works great for us