Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
So it’s coming up to Christmas, the trees and decorations are out and my inner Grinch is in over drive.

However I am continually asked by the kids, grandkids and Angela what I want for Christmas presents.
To be fair I don’t need much and when I do I usually just buy it as I can’t be bothered waiting and I need it.

So in the interest of family harmony I need to come up with a list.
So what are your overland themed recommendations.
Nothing too expensive so another Land Rover is out.
Nothing too cheap so a Jeep is out

So I’m guessing nice to have gadgets and games for life on the road.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Dave,

What about tools, for example a high quality hatchet or foldable saw for the next campfire? Or some maps and books for preparing the next overlanding trip? Or a fancy foldable and portable fire pit?

Bjoern

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi Dave,

What about tools, for example a high quality hatchet or foldable saw for the next campfire? Or some maps and books for preparing the next overlanding trip? Or a fancy foldable and portable fire pit?

Bjoern
Boreal 21 saw is on the secret Santa list. It’s all I put on that wish list purposely so I’m hopeful

Reactions: El-Dracho

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Interesting question! I saw this post and was hoping for some ideas! With so many YouTubers producing videos of the top ten overlanding gifts this time of year it’s easy to end up with a list of things you thought you needed by really didn’t!
Me, I’m thinking to add a Milwaukee 12V rechargeable soldering iron to my kit. Shares a battery with the impact driver I have and my existing 12v iron (clips directly to the battery) has been one of my most used and borrowed tools on previous travels.

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Let’s see... a winter liner for the rtt, a set of LiFePO4 cells (that are NOT stuck on a boat some place), and a partridge in a pear tree...