Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Atherley, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

I figured I would post my videos up of my trailer build to those who are interested. Note i'm no professional with a camera or welder. I also do other Jeep things so Follow along like and share if you'd like

dhossk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

Thanks for posting up the build.
One observation I have is, is there enough space in there it looks kind of small..
anyway nice.....
I won’t be sleeping inside, I’m saving up for a rtt but for the time being I have no problem with sleeping in a tent on the ground. I’ve even seen someone do a cot on their rig that has a built in canvas, it’s basically the same as a roof top tent but smaller and a little friendlier on the pocket!

Farook Ismail

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Toronto Ontario Canada
First Name
Farook
Last Name
Ismail
I hear you man. B4 I know about the over landing thing I once took my cot and put it beside my jeep. sleeping bag and wrap my self with a tarp in case it rains...Would not do it alone but there were other people there and it worked great. Then I went through a number of small tents then my "condo" a big 10 man tent now a rtt. I actually used to sleep in my tj for years. I'm short..... hahaha.

Reactions: dhossk

dhossk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

I hear you man. B4 I know about the over landing thing I once took my cot and put it beside my jeep. sleeping bag and wrap my self with a tarp in case it rains...Would not do it alone but there were other people there and it worked great. Then I went through a number of small tents then my "condo" a big 10 man tent now a rtt. I actually used to sleep in my tj for years. I'm short..... hahaha.
Lol I hear ya, I’m only 5’6 so reaching the my roof on my Jeep is already a challenge! I know of a few guys who use those covered hammocks, sort of a pain when there are no trees around but they always manage. That’s why I’m aiming towards a small rtt. easy to put on and off the trailer and ease of access.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Are fenders not required in Canada? Most if not all state require fenders on trailers

Reactions: dhossk

dhossk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

Are fenders not required in Canada? Most if not all state require fenders on trailers
The Ontario Ministry Handbook states that " Your trailer must have mud guards, fenders and flaps or be designed in such a way that it does not spray or splash traffic travelling behind you."

So as long as I can figure out a way for these to work and keep debris down, I should be okay. I do have an idea for removable fenders, just don't have the tools needed to do so right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: M Rose

dhossk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

Put the 1st kilometre on the trailer today, and it held up really well! Couple other things I’d like to finish up on and it’ll be ready for the trails! EEF2E760-4C7C-4C86-AF76-9E2DB931534B.jpg

Reactions: M Rose

dhossk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

will the ball hitch flex enough for offroad?
Standard ball hitch should be alright for what I have planned for it this year. Nothing too intense but I would like to see how far I can push this thing. I’ve had my eyes on the Max Coupler though but can’t seem to pull the trigger on a $250 + hitch.

Last edited: