Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Walmart has IMO one of the best overlanding tires available at a stupid inexpensive price. I usually see these in the $160-180 range for a 285/70/17, but Wallyworld has them for $131.95! Take the online link to Discount Tire and they will price match it!

View attachment 130489
Wish I had been known about these before my Toyo AT II purchase. I got a great price, but per your link......WOW, what a deal for sizes a lot of us would use. A hundred bucks cheaper per tire. Lite Bright (you-tube) loves them, and did a review, along with videos watching them in action. Brad from Trail Recon (you-tube) like's them, but is reserving judgement until he puts more miles on them. I need more total mileage reports, before I would commit to a purchase. If you were daily driving on them, I think you would be disappointed as reports are they are SOFT. So if most of your driving is pavement with weekend off-road, you would have to weigh mileage vs price. My concern is also the heavy pickup side, as diesel trucks are hard on scrub, because of the torque these trucks generate. Reading the Walmart reviews, the person cautioning about towing is something I had not read about before, similar to Goodyear DURATRAC's, when not maxed on PSI. If they were reserved for your week-end trips, I think they would be great. This way your total treadwear concern would not be such a factor. I just hope Milestar resists the urge to raise their MSRP on these. Hope they keep a quantity vs a price as their sales model!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Walmart has IMO one of the best overlanding tires available at a stupid inexpensive price. I usually see these in the $160-180 range for a 285/70/17, but Wallyworld has them for $131.95! Take the online link to Discount Tire and they will price match it!

View attachment 130489
This is a good tire. It must be because I ordered 5 from Discount tire online and they told me they couldn't give me a date for shipping, they were out of them. I ended up buying 5 Goodyear Ultraterrane (265/75R/16's) w/ discounts $779.00 because they are as good or better and on the shelf. Still need to get them installed.

Reactions: Desert Runner

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

AEV and many others on TREAD Magazine are running them now in 35" and 37" flavors. Cost/benefit for me was easy. Save a $100 per tire over KO2's but get fewer miles. Rough cost per mile is pretty close when i did the numbers. I have 48k on my KO2's and prob have another 10k miles left in the for DD, but not for adventuring.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
AEV and many others on TREAD Magazine are running them now in 35" and 37" flavors. Cost/benefit for me was easy. Save a $100 per tire over KO2's but get fewer miles. Rough cost per mile is pretty close when i did the numbers. I have 48k on my KO2's and prob have another 10k miles left in the for DD, but not for adventuring.
That's an interesting observation, especially the part about the end of usable life for the intended use. To me that means the tire is worthless for my offroad use during the last 10k and should be discarded to the spare tire heap.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Getting back on track... Dometic has a 20% off sale on three powered coolers. Mobile orders only through Dometic.com

Id post the links but am getting a "content not allowed" error....