Launch Member

Enthusiast III

melbourne,Fl
First Name
chris
Last Name
freeth
Member #

I'm starting planing trip out to overland expo west. I'm coming from Florida to Colorado. I would like to find camps as i travel out there. Planing on taking a week or more to get out for the Overland Expo West. Need ideas

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I'm starting planing trip out to overland expo west. I'm coming from Florida to Colorado. I would like to find camps as i travel out there. Planing on taking a week or more to get out for the Overland Expo West. Need ideas

What are you wanting to do travel wise as well? What is your timeframe? Do you want to hit trails, stay off the highways etc.?

As you are east its harder to find areas to camp for free. As you mive out west any BLM land will allow you to stay for free up to 14 days. There are also WMAs that you can stay at on the way. Some have no camping areas others are pretty open. You can look at the member map on here for sites people have marked and make a route between spots.

Chris Freeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

melbourne,Fl
First Name
chris
Last Name
freeth
Member #

What are you wanting to do travel wise as well? What is your timeframe? Do you want to hit trails, stay off the highways etc.?

As you are east its harder to find areas to camp for free. As you mive out west any BLM land will allow you to stay for free up to 14 days. There are also WMAs that you can stay at on the way. Some have no camping areas others are pretty open. You can look at the member map on here for sites people have marked and make a route between spots.
Going back and forth with highway and dirt/back roads

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
I dont know too much about east coast. As you move out west backroads and trails are fairly easy accessed. Apps like OnX, GAIA, this app have lots of trails and backroads on them. This app people upload their own GPX filea that you can see on the map so you can get some route/camping ideas from those.