Rank V

Advocate III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Flecke
Member #

Bram and I are already in our tent. Reminiscent of Woodstock without the mud, not that I am old enough to remember Woodstock! Weather is great compared to 100 in Phoenix.

Reactions: AggieOE

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I see OB is an exhibitor - will you be at the booth? Good central location for meet and greets. Tomorrow driving up from Phx just for the day
I wish I was going to be there, my post is from last years event.
As for exhibiter, we dont have a booth but we do have one of our Ambassadors Deb Lee giving a talk about the new OB1 app.

EStokes

Rank VI

Pioneer I

Angel Fire, Colfax County, New Mexico, United States
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Stokes
Member #

We registered. We'll be camping beginning Thursday night. 'Pretty sure events start as early 8:00AM on Friday.
We’re camping at Expo West as well, with a group of Off Grid Trailer owners.
I am also here at OGT. I am white Land Cruiser in center flying Texas Flag.
Nice to meet you in person this weekend, we were in the OGT Pando in the corner of the arena, I was pulling it with a Honda Passport this weekend.

Reactions: velo47

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

I drove up from Houston on Wednesday, last week, stopping overnight in Las Cruces. Getting to the Expo on Thursday was a welcome site with tall trees and many campers getting set up. Plus the temps were in the 60s. The Premium Camping was a nice setup, distance-wise from the event, but it was quiet. I was surprised how many people went to bed at 8:30. I'm curious how camping went in the other areas.
Here are some pics of the drive, the camp setup, and of @TrailRecon's booth. Met Brad and Regina and they're super nice although, I bet, a bit tired after walking and many pictures.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: OTH Overland

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Friday was cool and everyone seemed to be having fun. It was awesome to be around so many like-minded people. The rain came and seemed to just grow over us before finally moving out several hours after noon.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Salt

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

KC's booth had some cool retro rigs and there were a lot of other unique setups. It was interesting to watch the TFL guys do their videos. Andre and Nathan walk quick!
My claim to fame is being in the background of their video at 11:52 (tan jacket).

Attachments

Last edited:

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

'Wet' described Friday but Saturday was beautiful. I forget the username of the OB member here with the XJ but it looked great in person! X-Overland was cool to see. Their rigs look amazing in person and are so well built up. I also got to meet the @Lifestyle Overland family and they're awesome! They were definitely some of the friendliest people there.

Attachments

Last edited:

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

I wish I would have taken more pictures but a lot of them would be more-or-less copies of pictures you'll see on the thousand recap videos of the event. Chris at Venture4WD was a delight to meet in person. He's open and very candid about his travels, life, and youtube channel. I could have talked with him much longer about stock tank pools and minimal modification requirements. The Toyota area was fun and Baja 1000 racer Brandon Walsh drove me around in a TRD Pro 4R sliding it over the muddly hills while off camber to its limits. Go figure that Toyota brought a professional race-truck driver.

Not shown because I, unfortunately, forgot to take any pictures was meeting Dan Grec with The Road Chose Me and hanging out with him one evening. He was awesome in person and has such a unique outlook on life and a passion to travel.

It was such a fun event and was so cool to be fully immersed in the overlanding community. I'll definitely be coming back next year with family and friends in tow.

Attachments

Last edited:

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
I wish I would have taken more pictures but a lot of them would be more-or-less copies of pictures you'll see on the thousand recap videos of the event. Chris at Venture4WD was a delight to meet in person. He's open and very candid about his travels, life, and youtube channel. I could have talked with him much longer about stock tank pools and minimal modification requirements. The Toyota area was fun and Baja 1000 racer Brandon Walsh drove me around in a TRD Pro 4R sliding it over the muddly hills while off camber to its limits. Go figure that Toyota brought a professional race-truck driver.

Not shown because I, unfortunately, forgot to take any pictures was meeting Dan Grec with The Road Chose Me and hanging out with him one evening. He was awesome in person and has such a unique outlook on life and a passion to travel.

It was such a fun event and was so cool to be fully immersed in the overlanding community. I'll definitely be coming back next year with family and friends in tow.
Great photos Nathan, Chris is always a pleasure to visit with, and Dan is exactly the same in person as he is on his videos, looking forward to seeing his new rig at the PNW expo this year. We also found Clay and the entire crew from X Overland to be very engaging and they spent lots of time with people visiting their booth, Props go to the creators and DIY build folks that spent a lot of time outside in the rain storms Friday and not hiding somewhere. We did manage to keep our wallets in our pockets for the most part and not buy more than we could carry back on the two mile walk to our VRBO..lol Despite the bad weather on Friday, all in all a good time and we would probably go again if we could camp on site and were going to be in the area for other reasons, not sure we would make another dedicated trip, especially since we have the PNW Expo much closer now.

Reactions: AggieOE