Rank II

Member I

Masschusetts
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Horgan
Member #

We got tickets, looking forward to this!!! We bought the premium camping experience package, anyone know if the camping is in a different spot for the premium package???

Wellspring

Rank II

Enthusiast III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Spirakis
We got tickets, looking forward to this!!! We bought the premium camping experience package, anyone know if the camping is in a different spot for the premium package???
It typically is, but the only advantage that I saw from last year is that you are closer to bathrooms and showers that aren't as crowded. I too have the premium package, and will make my decision when I get up there.

Reactions: Tremor

mamalone200

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eastern Shore of Maryland
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Malone
Member #

I just signed up yesterday to be a volunteer. Not sure if I'll have to camp in the volunteer area or if I would be able to sneak off to join a potential Overland Bound camp if we can get one.

I'll be on trash duty all day Friday, but then I can enjoy the show all day Saturday and Sunday!

Amanda C

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Oshawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Cassidy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7WYO
Service Branch
Royal Navy - Radar
Hello Everyone,

I am so excited to be attending the Overland Expo East 2022 for the 1st time, I am going to be travelling from Canada down to the US for 3 months overlanding and this is one of my 1st destinations.

I have booked a standard Camping spot and expo ticket for the weekend, I would like to arrive early and soak up as much of the expo and community atmosphere as I can, I am looking forward to meeting as many OB members as possible. I have been busy recently on other parts of the OB forum after proposing a new section/thread in the Overland Gear section called Overland Tools. I look forward to getting to know OB members here on this thread who are attending Overland Expo East 2022.

Best wishes

Amanda

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Well it looks like I won’t be camping in the main campground…because (insert drum roll)….I have been chosen to have my rig and trailer in the DIY Showcase!….so excited to be digging in deep this year into the event…come find me, I’ll be showing the Tundra off along with the trailer…

Attachments

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Well it looks like I won’t be camping in the main campground…because (insert drum roll)….I have been chosen to have my rig and trailer in the DIY Showcase!….so excited to be digging in deep this year into the event…come find me, I’ll be showing the Tundra off along with the trailer…
How is that going to affect you being the main contact for the group camping area? Are you still planning to get their Wednesday? I believe that is when @Wellspring and I are planning to get there.

Reactions: Wellspring

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

How is that going to affect you being the main contact for the group camping area? Are you still planning to get their Wednesday? I believe that is when @Wellspring and I are planning to get there.
You may just need to take the lead on it…I’m going to get there Wednesday afternoon…I’m going to hit a Rally Point earlier in the day…I’ll send you a link and maybe we can convoy in together

Amanda C

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Oshawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Cassidy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7WYO
Service Branch
Royal Navy - Radar
Hi Jason & Scott,

Thanks for the likes, I read you are looking to go to a meet up / rally point

9982 Spotswood Trail, McGaheysville, VA 22840, USA

I would be intrested in meeting up with you and joining the convoy.

Best wishes

Amanda

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Hi Jason & Scott,

Thanks for the likes, I read you are looking to go to a meet up / rally point

9982 Spotswood Trail, McGaheysville, VA 22840, USA

I would be intrested in meeting up with you and joining the convoy.

Best wishes

Amanda
I'm actually planning to meetup just North of the Expo site since I'll be coming up from the South. I'm talking to @Wellspring to figure out where a good meetup point would be.

Reactions: Wellspring

Amanda C

Rank V
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Oshawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Amanda
Last Name
Cassidy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M7WYO
Service Branch
Royal Navy - Radar
I'm actually planning to meetup just North of the Expo site since I'll be coming up from the South. I'm talking to @Wellspring to figure out where a good meetup point would be.
Hi Scott, Thanks for the reply, it would be really cool to meet up with some fellow OB members, great I will wait for your next update on the OB forum.