Overland Coyote

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

joemerchant26

Rank 0

Contributor I

St. Augustine, FL, USA
First Name
wayne
Last Name
Loveless
My friend and I took an old 4x9 utility box rack and converted it into a 5.5x5.2 rack! Baby steps to getting this rig to how I want it
I think this is a much better route versus the typical $1200 bed rack. Can always add some cross members for more support up top in needed. Thanks for the inspiration.

Reactions: CPT5213

CPT5213

Rank II
Adventure

Traveler III

Willits, CA, USA
First Name
Ritsomveacheth
Last Name
Harry
Member #

My friend and I took an old 4x9 utility box rack and converted it into a 5.5x5.2 rack! Baby steps to getting this rig to how I want it
I think this is a much better route versus the typical $1200 bed rack. Can always add some cross members for more support up top in needed. Thanks for the inspiration.
Oh for sure WAY more inexpensive! And the extra material we cut off, we ended up using as gusset to beef up the base. We plan on building an awning or two for it as well

SS308

Rank III
Adventure

Contributor III

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
I would powder coat it or prime/bedliner it for protection. That's what I did on mine, and it works great.