Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Gonna start a thread asking for your favorite camp food/recipes to share with the rest of us, thinking I may put some of them together in a “cookbook” type format .pdf

We all know @Michael and his cold hotdogs and tortillas, but what have you got and how do you prepare it?

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
My primary camp food is simple. Some ground beef (preferably 93/7) put it some minced onion, garlic, peppers (I grow thai chilis that are amazing and add a spicy kick, but serranos work as well), black pepper and sea salt. Mix well. press into 1/2 lb patties and grill em up. A thick slice of cheese leted over the top on a potato bun.

No need for ketchup, mustard or any other condiments.

Jhop567

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sagle, Idaho
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRFL231
Service Branch
LEO
Scrambled eggs with diced and browned SPAM (which is cooked in brown sugar), chopped green onions, chopped jalapeno chili, cheese and a "shot" of Baileys wrapped in a tortilla.

Pyrotech

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin Texas
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hanson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB9ZKI
Made this at camp last trip, was a major hit. small immersion blender ran off my golabs R300

Jalapeno sauce ( Green Sauce)

6 jalapenos
1 medium onion
1 avocado
Couple pinches of Mexican oregano (the bag fiesta brand)
Salt to taste
Dash of garlic powder

Remove stem from jalapenos
Quarter onion
Add mexican oregano and garlic

Boil until fork tender drain an save water

Add avacodo and salt.
Blend until smooth and creamy if too thick add saved water until desired thicknesses is reached, salt to taste.

20221011_135947.jpg

20221011_131803.jpg

20221011_134226.jpg

20221011_135024.jpg

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Made this at camp last trip, was a major hit. small immersion blender ran off my golabs R300

6 jalapenos
1 medium onion
1 avocado
Salt to taste
Dash of garlic powder

Quarter onion

Add avacodo and salt.
Blend until smooth and creamy if too thick add saved water until desired thicknesses is reached, salt to taste.

View attachment 246057

View attachment 246058

View attachment 246060

View attachment 246059
Ohhh. Ima have to try this one! I might even toss a habanero or two in there...

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
My primary camp food is simple. Some ground beef (preferably 93/7) put it some minced onion, garlic, peppers (I grow thai chilis that are amazing and add a spicy kick, but serranos work as well), black pepper and sea salt. Mix well. press into 1/2 lb patties and grill em up. A thick slice of cheese leted over the top on a potato bun.

No need for ketchup, mustard or any other condiments.
I can vouch for k12s burgers. They are f-ing delicious!

Reactions: K12

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

6 jalapenos
1 medium onion
1 avocado
Salt to taste
Dash of garlic powder

Quarter onion

Add avacodo and salt.

View attachment 246057

View attachment 246058

View attachment 246060

View attachment 246059
How long does the green sauce stay good once you get it in the bottle?

Pyrotech

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin Texas
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hanson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB9ZKI
Hard to say for sure, usually gets used up inside a week

Never had it s shelf life tested, so.. let common sense an your nose be the guide.

Reactions: LanceK

Ursa Major

Rank VI

Influencer I

Woodstock, Vermont, United States
First Name
Gunnar
Last Name
Nourse
Member #

My go to is always sausage, peppered, and onions on the cast iron. My girlfriend is incredible(ly odd) and doesn't like pork sausage, so I've switched over to chicken sausage and I must say, I love it a little bit better

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Awesome guys! I’m going to make a simple, yet effective cookbook after the first of the year -

It’s just going to be a fun .PDF to save on your phones, and I’ll credit y’all’s call tags if you’re cool with that! (Maybe hyperlink to your profile!)

jaymoore24

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Paso Robles, CA, USA
First Name
jason
Last Name
moore
Member #

i'll add! Try roasting tomatoes and jalapeño on your skottle, lightly tossed in olive oil, remove jalapeño seeds, or don't depending on your level of spiciness! Roast until skins char and toss in a small handful of pine nuts, toast seeds for a few seconds. add all ingredients to your blender. once blended, pour into your saucepan, add a big pinch of garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and chopped fresh basil. slowly adding heat, add cream. cream is dependent on the amount of veggies you roast, as you're bringing your tomato sauce to simmer, butter your slices of fresh San Francisco sour dough, add some mozzarella between the two and stuff in your panini maker (bougie, i know, but well worth it :tearsofjoy:) or toss it back on the skottle to toast. and there you have it, delish grilled cheese and spicy, pesto tomato soup!!

Last edited:

cookiedough

Rank V

Explorer I

Phx, AZ
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Petersen
Member #

Laganophake, Roman lentil & red wine stew.

Always the first night meal. Make at home, freeze in a tupperware the size of my pot, that way it's part of the ice in my cooler. It's pre-made, so doesn't matter if you get to camp late. My kids and wife loved it camping. Always good and easy for the first night out.

And, you know, the Roman Empire, camping from 27BC to 476AD...

Reactions: Matt Hixson

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

For a dutch oven we really like this one. It uses mostly shelf stable ingredients that are easy to carry to camp and tastes really good. Grab some instant mashed potatoes and life is good. I do have a video for this recipe up on my channel if you want to see the cook that I will link below.

Recipe 8 oz bison or lean ground beef
1 teaspoon granulated onion
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes 1
4 saltine crackers crushed
1/4 cup milk

1 jar of beef gravy
One 4 oz can mushroom pieces
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix the first 5 ingredients together and form into 4 mini meatloafs then place in greased dutch oven. Mix the remaining 5 ingredients together and pour over the meatloaves. Cook at 350 for about an hour until the burger is cooked through. We serve over instant mashed potatoes.