Service Branch
USAF DAV
OBC7:

WARNING! Snakes, Spiders and Scorpions all around
....Ask how I know LOL.

This one is: Wetlands!

Located at: N 37.003518, W 116.724493

Hint: in rocks six feet from a toads life

There is a drop box for cash donations on site, please give.

The Torrance Ranch Preserve was acquired by The Nature Conservancy in 1999 and is the Conservancy’s first restoration project in the Oasis Valley. The goal of restoration at this site is to re-create a functioning ecosystem in an area that had been affected by over 100 years of human activity.

The restoration approach developed at Torrance Ranch has been successful in attracting local and migratory birds and in supporting native amphibians, fishes and thriving native plant communities. The work being done here has become a model for how to create and sustain wetland habitats and is being implemented at additional sites in the Oasis Valley including the Parker Ranch, the Spicer property, Crystal Springs complex and others.

As the natural communities recover at TNC’s Torrance Ranch Preserve and other locations along the Amargosa River, they are becoming a unique destination in southern Nevada – a place of natural beauty and diversity for animals and people alike.

How can I be a part of what is next?
Learn more about making a contribution, or volunteering. If you have more questions, you can call our office at 775.322.4990.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt L.