Overland adventure 2k19

• HTML tutorial

Colsanders718

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Kansas City
Member #

So my wife and I are overlanding from Kansas City up to Glacier National Park and back. 14 day trip. Our first long adventure together. Did most of the planning with the help of the Overland Bound forums and various camping apps. Figured I'd post a few pics/thoughts of our various stops just in case someone can benefit from our experience when planning their own trips. We will be camping at state parks, national parks, dispersed national forest sites, and a few Air BnB's. I'll post pics as cell service allows.

Planned route:
- KC start
- Sioux Falls (Vermillion Lake State Park)
- Rapid City 2 nights (Sheridan Lake, Spearfish Canyon
- Lewis & Clark National Forest
- Glacier National Park (4 days)
- Bozeman
- Yellowstone (3 days)
- Grand Tetons (2 days)
- Ft Collins
- KC end

Reactions: Red_D and mjherron

Colsanders718

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Kansas City
Member #

So my wife and I are overlanding from Kansas City up to Glacier National Park and back. 14 day trip. Our first long adventure together. Did most of the planning with the help of the Overland Bound forums and various camping apps. Figured I'd post a few pics/thoughts of our various stops just in case someone can benefit from our experience when planning their own trips. We will be camping at state parks, national parks, dispersed national forest sites, and a few Air BnB's. I'll post pics as cell service allows.

Planned route:
- KC start
- Bozeman
- Yellowstone (3 days)
- Grand Tetons (2 days)
- Ft Collins
- KC end
Stop one, Vermillion Lake State Park, South Dakota. Literally the cleanest state park we've ever been to. I'd recommend reserving in advance. I waited until last minute and locked into a great spot but they have a very nice app online to assist in reservations. Out of staters get tagged with extra use fees but that's normal I guess. One night here with a daily park access pass was somewhere in the neighborhood of $40. Pricey but very nice.Snapchat-2017048791.jpegIMG_20190614_224755_690.jpegSnapchat-1829786076.jpeg20190615_080026.jpeg

Colsanders718

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Kansas City
Member #

Planned route:
- KC start
- Bozeman
- Yellowstone (3 days)
- Grand Tetons (2 days)
- Ft Collins
- KC end
Campsite #2 Sheridan Lake, Black Hills National Forest. Cools spot. Very busy, make sure to get a reservation. 20190616_072732.jpeg20190615_193328.jpeg20190615_212449.jpeg

Reactions: mjherron

Colsanders718

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Kansas City
Member #

Planned route:
- KC start
- Bozeman
- Yellowstone (3 days)
- Grand Tetons (2 days)
- Ft Collins
- KC end
Campsite #3 spearfish city campground. Awesome Campground operated by the city. Creek flows right through the campground. Great facilities and friendly staff. We stayed in the primitive Campground that doesn't take reservations but there was plenty of space and lots of families enjoying the day. Highly recommend. Good breweries in town as well.20190616_192820.jpegView attachment 104117IMG_20190617_092549_005.jpeg20190616_200906.jpeg

Colsanders718

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Kansas City
Member #

Planned route:
- KC start
- Bozeman
- Yellowstone (3 days)
- Grand Tetons (2 days)
- Ft Collins
- KC end
Campsite #4 Jumping Creek, Lewis and Clark National Forest. Great little spot right off the road. No reservations but plenty of space. Shared the camp with 4 others on a Monday night. Great stream flowing through the campsites. IMG_20190618_150639_006.jpegView attachment 104122IMG_20190618_150639_008.jpeg20190617_191229.jpeg

Reactions: mjherron