Rank III

Member III

Gilbert, Arizona 85234, United States
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Winters
Member #

Hey everybody. I've been on and off planning a couple of trips for about a year or so now that i think I'm finally going to be able to take soon. Even better, I'm going to have the ability to combine them into one big overland trip. I'm looking to get some input if anyone has done parts of this route and has recommendations on must see destinations, trails, good eats, cheap stays, etc along the route im thinking. I'm currently in gilbert az, I'm moving back to Prescott soon to start a side fab business and I'll be finishing up a few things to my truck before the trip.

So here's what I've got in mind for somewhat of a route. From Prescott me and a buddy of mine want to drive up to the red woods. I've seen some cool trails and places to kind of start our trip off the 395 in Cali headed through coyote flats. Id like to head north up to coral hollow trail and possibly a couple others up there. Then head to the redwoods.

From there my buddy will be about out of time so we'll head back through Utah and he wants to swing by moab and he found a cool section in the mountains called gooseberry guard station. From there we'll part ways and he'll head back home.

I want to continue over to Colorado. Im always in awe of the videos and pictures i see of Colorado. I almost moved to Boulder several years ago so I'd like to swing through there to see what ive potentially missed all these years staying in az ha. And a destination ive been wanting to see in Colorado is this place called crystal mill. So I'll probably hit that then to Boulder.

From Boulder ive been looking at land the last couple years in Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho. Id like to head up that way after Boulder and don't have much of a route planned from there out. As time gets closer i might pull up some of the listings ive been looking at to go see them in person. Id like to go see Yellowstone, then probably up through Montana, over to Idaho, and probably back down through Utah again.

Ive not got any dates set yet. I don't follow any schedule on any of this but I'm thinking this will probably happen around August-September ish if things fall in line. Again if anyone has recommendations or even would like to meet up on the trail and join in for a night here and there Ive seen a lot of destinations through the overland bound and trail recon YouTube channels. Love watching those guys and seeing the places they go. With any advice, I'm going to be doing this in my behemoth f150 lol (crew cab long bed) so I'm not going to do any rock crawling, but I've done plenty of wheeling in my yota and with other rigs all over az, I'm certainly not afraid of the trails with that rig and don't mind some Arizona pinstriping here and there.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

For red wood not to far off your track Calaveras Big Tree state park, very cool place.

Reactions: Cmpkng