Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

Can anyone recommend any camping spots off the beaten path in Oregon (not state parks), to get out and explore this coming weekend?

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Dispersed camping is allowed in most of the Mt. Hood National Forest, but given its proximity to Portland, it can be crowded. And, we're expecting nice weather this weekend; given our horrible winter and non-existent spring, I'm betting a lot of people will be heading out.

Either way, head out HWY 26, grab a map from the ZigZag Ranger station and hit some FS roads, you should be able to find something...

Alternatively, take 224 out of Estacada, up the Clackamas River.

Sorry I don't have specific coordinates, I don't usually map my routes obsessively. I intend to start so I can offer better advice...

Reactions: The_Just

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

I'm looking for something in Oregon too, but in SE Oregon. I like the idea of dropping a pin on a BLM map and trying to get as close as I can!

Reactions: The_Just

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

Check out Terwilliger hot springs, about 35 mins east of Eugene. Great camping spots, and a great 4x4 trail. The trail runs the opposite side of the lake where the main road and hot spring is.
That looks great. I'm going to have to get down to Oregon again sometime.

Dylan Miller

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Albany, OR
Member #

that looks like a great camping area! Are the 4x4 trails any good? I love great 4 wheel drive trails and camping along the way is a great plus. if anyone else has any other areas around Oregon please share. Much appreciated.