Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Ive used Gaia several times and I like it a lot. it does take some getting used to but it has worked well for me and saved my bacon more than once with alternate routes etc. even offline. I can plan a trip on the website, name it sync my phone and just go no worries or troubles. im a big fan of it.

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
I phone does have GPS, so I (prior to the journey) download the maps/routes in GAIA and onto my phone. My rig has a lovely large screen CarPlay compatible head unit on the stereo that displays the GAIA info.

I was a die-hard android guy up until a couple of years ago. The fact that I could not do what I describe above on an android device killed it for me. I made the switch to Iphone and CarPlay........and I will admit that both are better and for me and my use I am a happy camper.

Reactions: SS308 and Coreymol

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
All iPhones have GPS. But when in the middle of nowhere, for redundancy, I have my iPhone connected to my InReach, and GPS, SOS and satellite messaging through my Earthmate app work anywhere on the face of the earth.

I've not had any connectivity or accuracy issues. The CarPlay aspect of GAIA is getting better.
Thanks for the reply.
Guess I knew the iPhone had a GPS, but not for mapping utilization, that's good to know.