Ontario Knife Company - Carter Prime Flipper

• HTML tutorial

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

I know there have a few different knife discussions here on the forum that have covered who's carrying what, but I wanted to share with everyone this latest knife I am testing out for Gear Institute: OKC Carter Prime.

I look at and test a lot of knives throughout the year and this one has to be easily the second best one I have tested (behind the Hinderer XM18 3.5 which I carry daily).

It has a modified Wharncliffe blade made from D2 tool steel, that has been stonewashed for corrosion and abrasion resistance - and the rest of the knife, aside from the hardware - is titanium. The whole thing is thick - beefy and thick. But because of the titanium, it's super light.

I sliced through a piece of 12oz leather like it was a piece of paper...
And because it's got a reinforced lock bar, you could easily baton and chop kindling with it in a jam.
It's a utilitarian workhorse for under $100.

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Ontario-Carter-Prime-Frame-Lock--34857

Being that we're people who put ourselves in precarious situations from time to time, I wanted to get this sucker on your radars. I'll share the in depth review once it gets published, but this knife will be going where I go for quite some time.

OKC_Carter Prime.jpg