AlexWood

Rank 0

Contributor I

Snohomish, WA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Wood
I recently had the opportunity to take a 4 day trip for a wedding in Forks, WA. One of the stops (and my favorite) along the way was at Deer Park road and Campground in Port Angeles. We only planned a couple spots we wanted to check out along the way to Forks but never knew where we were going to camp out until we found a spot- which was very thrilling and fun. A quick spur of the moment decision to take an off road off of SR-101 turned into one of the best camping sights and trails i have ever been on! The drive up to Deer Park goes up a beautiful mountain road until you get to the top and find great camping sites with fire pits and a few hiking trails near by. You continue driving up a ways and you find a great look out that shows off Port Angeles and Sequim and parts of the San Juan Islands. If you turn to look behind you, you will find the Olympic mountains standing tall. And they call it deer park for a reason, along the campsite you will find plenty of deer wondering around. We ended up having 5 Deer walking through our campsite. They were very friendly but didn't have a sense of personal space. I recommend this site for camping and even as a quick drive for the views. Either way, you wont be disappointed.

47.951394, -123.265990
47°57'05.0"N 123°15'57.6"W

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I recently had the opportunity to take a 4 day trip for a wedding in Forks, WA. One of the stops (and my favorite) along the way was at Deer Park road and Campground in Port Angeles. We only planned a couple spots we wanted to check out along the way to Forks but never knew where we were going to camp out until we found a spot- which was very thrilling and fun. A quick spur of the moment decision to take an off road off of SR-101 turned into one of the best camping sights and trails i have ever been on! The drive up to Deer Park goes up a beautiful mountain road until you get to the top and find great camping sites with fire pits and a few hiking trails near by. You continue driving up a ways and you find a great look out that shows off Port Angeles and Sequim and parts of the San Juan Islands. If you turn to look behind you, you will find the Olympic mountains standing tall. And they call it deer park for a reason, along the campsite you will find plenty of deer wondering around. We ended up having 5 Deer walking through our campsite. They were very friendly but didn't have a sense of personal space. I recommend this site for camping and even as a quick drive for the views. Either way, you wont be disappointed.

47.951394, -123.265990
47°57'05.0"N 123°15'57.6"W
View attachment 105540View attachment 105541View attachment 105542View attachment 105543View attachment 105534
Great find and beautiful pics. Thank you.

Reactions: AlexWood

Ghost

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

North Bonneville, WA, USA
First Name
Trever
Last Name
M
Member #

I’ve spent a lot of time hiking that Park since it was so close to home. As teens before we could drive our parents would drop my buddies and I off at a trail head and pick us up a week or so later. Sometimes we would just resupply and hit it again. I miss summers off :laughing: :laughing::laughing:

Reactions: AlexWood