Old Coulterville Road to Yosemite (Foresta)?

• HTML tutorial

HighSierraOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fresno, CA
Member #

Hopefully this is the right section to post this in. Kept switching back and forth between here and the Overland Trip Planning, but being this is more of a two hour drive rather than a multi day trip, I figure this might be the better section.

With that said, has anyone done this route before? I've taken the Fish Camp to Wawona backway into Yosemite and had zero issues. Was hoping to try this route out being it has some decent overlooks and forest driving, but not too sure on the terrain. With an AWD CR-V I don't have a ton of ground clearance, so was hoping someone could give me more information on whether I could do it in a CR-V or not.

Really my main concerns are if the road is still open being there was a fire there two years ago, and if I'll have enough ground clearance in the CR-V to attempt it. Obviously if anyone has more information that could be concerning that'd help too.

Here is a little more information on the route, and even a map if you wish to try it out: Click here

Reactions: macr88

macr88

Rank VI
Launch Member

Protector II

Emmett, ID, USA
First Name
Mac
Last Name
Raslan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TLH or GMRS WRBM678
Service Branch
Sweet District II
I haven't been on it but I'll definitely be checking it out.
Thanks for the info, sorry I couldn't offer any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HighSierraOverland

HighSierraOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fresno, CA
Member #

I haven't been on it but I'll definitely be checking it out.
Thanks for the info, sorry I couldn't offer any help.
No problem, hope you enjoy it. As it said, winter months it'll be closed, and if it's anything like the Fish Camp to Wawona route (which it looks like), you can expect those dirt areas to be like ice.

I'm just hoping the fire there a few years ago hasn't closed it off completely, which is my main concern. I don't mind trying it out and having to turn around, but it would suck to make it 90% of the way and then have to turn around.

Good luck, enjoy it when you go.

Reactions: macr88