Oerland to Overland Expo

• HTML tutorial

Aaron Hayden

Rank III

Influencer II

Oakland
I have been spending time mapping a route from Topaz Lake NV to Overland Expo 2018 in Flagstaff through the desert and would like to know if any are interested in going on this adventure. It is looking like 99% of the trip will be on dirt/gravel roads with some washout shortcuts. I will be working on the mapping for the next month then setting up a few scouting trips. All are welcome.

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

Too early yet for me to be able to commit to anything, but that would be an interesting trip. Just the section taking me from where I am to Topaz Lake would bring me through areas I've either never been, or haven't been to for a very long time. It will be January or February before I can give you a go/no-go, but for the moment, put me down as tentatively interested.

Aaron Hayden

Rank III

Influencer II

Oakland
Looked up your town and you have a lot of great sights to see between you and Topaz. Have spent several weeks total around Bend. Wife and i were looking at a place in bend about 6 years ago before the prices went through the roof. Love central and eastern OR. Mapping this trip will take at least a month then a few months to scout some of the not so sure parts. No guarantees this can happen in time before the Expo but creating and scouting this trip will be really fun too! My scouting partner is brother-n-law and his Polaris RZR 1ooo, perfect for eating up miles of trail quickly and with GPS can record everything. Will keep posting updates. Here is my 1st outline, sure to change due to Grand Canyon NW of Flagstaff and Colorado River crossing.fullsizeoutput_1507.jpeg

Reactions: Quicksilver

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

I have been spending time mapping a route from Topaz Lake NV to Overland Expo 2018 in Flagstaff through the desert and would like to know if any are interested in going on this adventure. It is looking like 99% of the trip will be on dirt/gravel roads with some washout shortcuts. I will be working on the mapping for the next month then setting up a few scouting trips. All are welcome.
Great Idea !! Doesn't look like I can make it but will keep you informed.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I like this idea a lot! Our Sierra Foothills Overlanders might be in to this Ill keep an eye on the thread for far it looks like we have four rigs going to the expo.

JLangsdorf

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Dang, I would love to join you. I am in Gardnerville. Problem is that I will be in Las Vegas just before the Expo for work Taking rig and will then go to the Expo. Would love to see your route when you have it all together.

Aaron Hayden

Rank III

Influencer II

Oakland
Still mapping, this is first run through. After i get trails marked i can do a flyover @ 400' with Google Earth Pro and look for gates or roads that look too rough and mark it then go looking for alternate routs. Going to take a while but think by January will be able to start scouting. fullsizeoutput_1511.jpeg