Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
It looks like with map settings in satellite view, after you add a new location and back out to the map again the screen will just be black. Headers and menus are still there but no map.

Note: I uploaded a couple new locations yesterday in default map view (not sat) and it worked fine.

Test: Today in sat view it blackscreened after adding a point, added another location after that and it replicated the issue.

The new locations save properly and all that, but I have had to close and reopen the map to continue using the map afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Update: I just added a location without encountering the issue further. Maybe it was a fluke with my phone.

Samsung S23 Ultra

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Thank you for reporting the error. Good that it seems working again.

What helps @Michael and the team to track and reproduce something like this are details about your operating system including version and the exact version of the app you are using (you can find the version ID in the settings menu at the bottom).

Reactions: Ethan N

Ethan N

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Thank you for reporting the error. Good that it seems working again.

What helps @Michael and the team to track and reproduce something like this are details about your operating system including version and the exact version of the app you are using (you can find the version ID in the settings menu at the bottom).
Thank you for this. My version is 11.21.0.2022100318 and I'm on Andriod, Samsung S23 Ultra.

I might be having some glitches, I have reencountered this blackscreen again. And I am currently getting an API error when trying to leave a review on a local location.

Reactions: El-Dracho

Ethan N

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
It's been a little bit since I added a new location, I just logged in to fiddle around and everything looks okay. I could try to leave a fake review on something to check what happens, but it seems okay right now.