Launch Member

Traveler I

Minot, ND
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Hudson
Howdy everyone!

I am getting stationed at Minot, ND soon and I just bought a 2012 Wrangler so I'm looking forward to getting out and about in it.

knkunz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Kunz
Member #

Howdy everyone!

I am getting stationed at Minot, ND soon and I just bought a 2012 Wrangler so I'm looking forward to getting out and about in it.
Get in touch with Gary, link below. He is ex-chairforce..good guy, He has a Jeep Cherokee. I’m no longer in the area. But he can hook you up with any local trails jeepin.cherokee

Kuzi

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Minot, ND, USA
First Name
john
Last Name
Kuziomko
Member #

I live in Minot ND was looking to see if anyone had gone to glacier national Park. I want to take trip out there this year with family. Looking for ideas of what to see were to go. Any other places in Montana that would be great to camp or see.

Stone Johnny Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Williston, ND
Member #

Glacier is great. There are some camp spots that are way up north but are first come basis. The other camp grounds are normal and busy But you can find a spot usually. Montana in general Is huge with endless places to see. Pick a spot on the map and you can usually camp there with all the BLM and Forrest service land.

GetOverIt

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Regina, Saskatchewan.
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Gibson
Member #

Hi all,

Saying Hi from Regina, SK. Once we are all back to “normal” I’ll be planning some trips down to ND and MT. My friends and I were down last year for some gravel races and had a ball. Minot’s only 4hrs away so pretty close. Currently driving a stock 13 Silverado 4x, no mods as I don’t want to put money into it. Looking to buy a Sequoia because anywhere I go involves a shit ton of highway. And I’m not keen on the Jeep premium!
Started playing with Gaia and also working on my Ham license. Anyway, I wish you all the best, stay safe.
BTW, I’ve always argued that in SK we have more in common with ND and MT than my neighbours to the east, Ont, Que etc.. We‘re in that area that is just not that interesting to our respective countries!

FT24

Rank I

Contributor III

Fargo, ND, USA
First Name
Franz
Last Name
Taya
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Vet
Hello!

New to the site. Transplanting to Fargo from San Diego (I know.. why right, lol). Currently have a 16 Subaru Crosstrek. Any current active group out by Fargo or near?

Thanks!

Reactions: Gloriaib

Gloriaib

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Portland, Traill County, North Dakota, United States
First Name
Gloria
Last Name
Balboa
Member #

Service Branch
Navy veteran
Hello all! I have been here for a little while but haven't posted for ND yet. I live about an hour NW of Fargo. Hopefully there's enough member support for starting a monthly meetup/trip. I've got a 2005 4runner and building an offroad trailer with an RTT.

Reactions: FT24

FT24

Rank I

Contributor III

Fargo, ND, USA
First Name
Franz
Last Name
Taya
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Vet
Hello all! I have been here for a little while but haven't posted for ND yet. I live about an hour NW of Fargo. Hopefully there's enough member support for starting a monthly meetup/trip. I've got a 2005 4runner and building an offroad trailer with an RTT.
I think this group is pretty much dead, been a while since the last members or any posted on here.

Gloriaib

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

First Name
Gloria
Last Name
Balboa
Member #

Service Branch
Navy veteran
I think this group is pretty much dead, been a while since the last members or any posted on here.
It has been. There needs to be a revival!

Imperial Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Canada
Member #

Hello from across the Boarder !

Now that we can travel again, we are looking at coming down and doing some camping over Easter 15 - 17 Apr.

If anyone knows of a good spot or a nice route I'd love to hear about it I unfortunately know very very little about ND.

We have a tacoma and as the weather can't make up its mind are still on winter tyres. So some gravel is okay but nothing crazy.

We are both Army and would also live the chance to meet if anyone is around seeing as we are already planning to travel in ND let us know and maybe we can do a get together for a beer !

Imperial Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Canada
Member #

Ya wasn't tracking what is being called possibly the worst winter storm in a decade by the media here

Maybe they have just done too much fear mongering and I just assume they are lying automatically now.......

Then I read the Govt weather site and sure enough possible 40-60cm on the ground ..... thats crazy !

There is always next time and I'd still love to meet some of you guys and check out ND.

FT24

Rank I

Contributor III

Fargo, ND, USA
First Name
Franz
Last Name
Taya
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Vet
I'm stuck here in Winnipeg and can't come down due to this weather, they closed most roads too until further notice.

We're waiting til it dies down and they clear the roads of snow.

Imperial Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Canada
Member #

Okay so we didn't come south last time due to snowmagdedon but we are doing it this Sep !!

Gonna hit up ND and SD western side then traverse back East then back up to Canada.

If anyone one is around Theodore Roosevelt NP 15 - 16 Sep ish let me know I'd love to meet up.

From there we are heading south to the black hills / badlands. Then across to souix falls then back up to Fargo then home.

Plan is to come through Fargo on the 13th (pending leave right now) heading to medora ND few days then push south to spearfish deadwood kinda idea do the parks and mount Rushmore (gotta give it to you go big or go home !!)

We have some flex in our schedule so if there are people along our route that want to camp or hit a pub let me know. We've got some time looking to do a few nights in each spot with some hikes and what not again if you want to join you're more than welcome.

Gloriaib

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

First Name
Gloria
Last Name
Balboa
Member #

Service Branch
Navy veteran
Okay so we didn't come south last time due to snowmagdedon but we are doing it this Sep !!

Gonna hit up ND and SD western side then traverse back East then back up to Canada.

If anyone one is around Theodore Roosevelt NP 15 - 16 Sep ish let me know I'd love to meet up.

From there we are heading south to the black hills / badlands. Then across to souix falls then back up to Fargo then home.

Plan is to come through Fargo on the 13th (pending leave right now) heading to medora ND few days then push south to spearfish deadwood kinda idea do the parks and mount Rushmore (gotta give it to you go big or go home !!)

We have some flex in our schedule so if there are people along our route that want to camp or hit a pub let me know. We've got some time looking to do a few nights in each spot with some hikes and what not again if you want to join you're more than welcome.
Anytime the 13th or on your way back north I wouldn't mind meeting up. I can try reaching out to one or two others in the area and see if we could get a small group together. I live a little bit NW of Fargo, but it's only an hour drive for me. Let me know what your plans are and we will see what we can figure out.