Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
LAST MEET UP TILL WINTER! APRIL 14th 1-3pm
Pizza Factory​

April 26-28th Trip to Whiskey Rock Bay- great trip for dogs/kids/fishing poles/kayaks/campfires/hiking/friends

@Codeman @Indian Paintbrush Girl @AcJ @Jeb @Big Red Burb @Bodge Garage @Buzzbee17 @Dilldog @G.Goodwin @jad3116 @Jhop567 @Looniz1 @Mitch&TigaB @Sapper7 @Two Sheds @BigBird @Adventure4rx4 @Señor Steve @Ms Teri @Kjard95 @Sandpoint Steve @Navillusjt @Taco_Austin @BlackToySteve @Mountain Goat Nomad @Mountaintrails71 @NWFJ @BasketCaseTech @Craig Cooper @Ebbs @Ebbs @Ebbs @Ebbs @Crackerjack @Morgan@YozzyOverland
Depending on our mood, we might make this one. As of this post we are 2200 miles into our two week trip. Returning back to our town on the 11th.
Good golly

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

LAST MEET UP TILL WINTER! APRIL 14th 1-3pm
Pizza Factory​

April 26-28th Trip to Whiskey Rock Bay- great trip for dogs/kids/fishing poles/kayaks/campfires/hiking/friends

@Codeman @Indian Paintbrush Girl @AcJ @Jeb @Big Red Burb @Bodge Garage @Buzzbee17 @Dilldog @G.Goodwin @jad3116 @Jhop567 @Looniz1 @Mitch&TigaB @Sapper7 @Two Sheds @BigBird @Adventure4rx4 @Señor Steve @Ms Teri @Kjard95 @Sandpoint Steve @Navillusjt @Taco_Austin @BlackToySteve @Mountain Goat Nomad @Mountaintrails71 @NWFJ @BasketCaseTech @Craig Cooper @Ebbs @Ebbs @Ebbs @Ebbs @Crackerjack @Morgan@YozzyOverland
Depending on our mood, we might make this one. As of this post we are 2200 miles into our two week trip. Returning back to our town on the 11th.
Good golly
When your parents want to see the eclipse and plane tickets get ridiculous, you end up driving…

Reactions: Ebbs and PapaDave

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
Awesome! Hope all is going well! Tell Isaac Natalie loved the photo and it's on our fridge! But we need him to stop by and sign it!

Reactions: G.Goodwin

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Awesome! Hope all is going well! Tell Isaac Natalie loved the photo and it's on our fridge! But we need him to stop by and sign it!
Going well so far. Luckily was able to borrow my mom’s explorer so it’s been a comfortable ride and the kids love the pano roof ha ha.

Reactions: Ebbs

Enthusiast II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Samantha
Last Name
Hanson
  • Haha
Reactions: Ebbs and PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I've been checking your groups schedule for future trips trying to find one I could make and the June BDR looks like a maybe for me. I know it's a ways off yet but do you have a planned start and stop point or an idea of what sections you will be running?
Apologies I missed this post. At this point we haven’t nailed down which section, but if you’ve got any input I’ll take it for sure. We will be discussing it as well this coming Sunday the 14th at the last meet up till winter.

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Apologies I missed this post. At this point we haven’t nailed down which section, but if you’ve got any input I’ll take it for sure. We will be discussing it as well this coming Sunday the 14th at the last meet up till winter.
After checking the family calendar I won't be able to make this trip, we have tickets and a 4 day RV pass to a music festival outside Naches that weekend. The music fest is right off of section 2 of the BDR up in the mountains so you guys could always work a night of music into the trip!

As for input on the BDR I have only been on sections 2 and the southern part of 3, but I have spent a lot of time in that area. I checked the BDR website and their current route for section 2 doesn't take you across Bethel ridge trail (4W325A) anymore but instead "Bethel Ridge Rd." which is a gravel forest service road and used to be the bypass for the trail. If you go to the Downloadable routes page on here I have a post the shows both routes put together into a loop with some info. If you run that section and want more challenging terrain take the trail, if you want an easy drive with a couple detours for killer views (Cash prairie and Timberwolf Mountain) take the FS road. There are still great view points taking the trail but I think the others are better, the trail can be hit and miss on how hard it is. When it's dry it is pretty easy with some tight spots and ruts to navigate through, nothing too hard but enough to keep it interesting. When it's wet or still has snow it can be a challenge, lots of mud that likes to pull you into some deep ruts. That area is our go to for camping so if you plan to run section 2 or 3 and have any question on camping, alternate routes or points of interest ask away. Really there is enough to explore in that area that it would make a good weekend trip, I've been going up there for years and have barely scratched the surface.

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
After checking the family calendar I won't be able to make this trip, we have tickets and a 4 day RV pass to a music festival outside Naches that weekend. The music fest is right off of section 2 of the BDR up in the mountains so you guys could always work a night of music into the trip!

As for input on the BDR I have only been on sections 2 and the southern part of 3, but I have spent a lot of time in that area. I checked the BDR website and their current route for section 2 doesn't take you across Bethel ridge trail (4W325A) anymore but instead "Bethel Ridge Rd." which is a gravel forest service road and used to be the bypass for the trail. If you go to the Downloadable routes page on here I have a post the shows both routes put together into a loop with some info. If you run that section and want more challenging terrain take the trail, if you want an easy drive with a couple detours for killer views (Cash prairie and Timberwolf Mountain) take the FS road. There are still great view points taking the trail but I think the others are better, the trail can be hit and miss on how hard it is. When it's dry it is pretty easy with some tight spots and ruts to navigate through, nothing too hard but enough to keep it interesting. When it's wet or still has snow it can be a challenge, lots of mud that likes to pull you into some deep ruts. That area is our go to for camping so if you plan to run section 2 or 3 and have any question on camping, alternate routes or points of interest ask away. Really there is enough to explore in that area that it would make a good weekend trip, I've been going up there for years and have barely scratched the surface.
Awesome input, I appreciate it!

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
See people tomorrow if you can make it. 1-3pm at Pizza Foctory in Coeur d’alene. Our agenda is firming up the summer calendar, so if you can make it come lend your thoughts!

See you there!

Dave

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
Ok I know we have Whiskey Rock this weekend, but a few of us took the 12-14th and Scouted out a trip for May, and I'll be posting the Rally Point after. The trip will probably be limited to 10 rigs due to camp site size, and since it's going to be in the foothills of the cascades, I didn't want all the westside folks taking up all the spots before you guys got the ability to jump in.
Details
Day 1 (Fri) It's a 208mile trip for the Noon folks, and 157miles for the direct to camp folks. it'll be a trip up near Omak, Twisp, and Concully. there will be a NOON departure Friday, if you can't make that, I have a route for you to take directly to camp1. The noon departure takes us through a trail near Ephrata, called Douglas Creek Falls (you can find it on OnX). It's got some steep downhills coming from the south, and several water crossings leaving to the north. DUST was a major issue so DUST LIGHTS WILL BE REQUIRED for those leaving at Noon (highly encouraged for all) if you don't have them, Message me and we can build you something realitively cheap.
Camp 1 will be up slightly north west of Pateros.
Day 2 (Sat) 136 miles. we'll meander through some FS roads in the area, Dipping into Twisp (twice actually). Then on up to the 4th of July Mine, and eventually into Concully. Depending on time, we may run up to Funk Mountain fire lookout (if not we can put it for Sunday morning)
Camp 2 will be at Oriole Campground or Kerr Campground depending on which we feel (and which has room... they were empty when we pre-ran it)
Day 3 (Sun) 156 miles. will be a short run up to Funk Mountain in the Morning, then a drive home.

I'm not exactly sure what to expect for interest, but just want to plan ahead to make sure you all get a fair shot. so we can discuss at the Whiskey Rock trip for those going, but I will post the Rally point Sunday when i get home.

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Ok I know we have Whiskey Rock this weekend, but a few of us took the 12-14th and Scouted out a trip for May, and I'll be posting the Rally Point after. The trip will probably be limited to 10 rigs due to camp site size, and since it's going to be in the foothills of the cascades, I didn't want all the westside folks taking up all the spots before you guys got the ability to jump in.
Details
Day 1 (Fri) It's a 208mile trip for the Noon folks, and 157miles for the direct to camp folks. it'll be a trip up near Omak, Twisp, and Concully. there will be a NOON departure Friday, if you can't make that, I have a route for you to take directly to camp1. The noon departure takes us through a trail near Ephrata, called Douglas Creek Falls (you can find it on OnX). It's got some steep downhills coming from the south, and several water crossings leaving to the north. DUST was a major issue so DUST LIGHTS WILL BE REQUIRED for those leaving at Noon (highly encouraged for all) if you don't have them, Message me and we can build you something realitively cheap.
Camp 1 will be up slightly north west of Pateros.
Day 2 (Sat) 136 miles. we'll meander through some FS roads in the area, Dipping into Twisp (twice actually). Then on up to the 4th of July Mine, and eventually into Concully. Depending on time, we may run up to Funk Mountain fire lookout (if not we can put it for Sunday morning)
Camp 2 will be at Oriole Campground or Kerr Campground depending on which we feel (and which has room... they were empty when we pre-ran it)
Day 3 (Sun) 156 miles. will be a short run up to Funk Mountain in the Morning, then a drive home.

I'm not exactly sure what to expect for interest, but just want to plan ahead to make sure you all get a fair shot. so we can discuss at the Whiskey Rock trip for those going, but I will post the Rally point Sunday when i get home.
This should be a fun one. Hoping we can time your drive through with the wrap of the funeral so we can enjoy it all.

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
Since you're going to be over that way anyways I'd say head that way even if we don't connect since it's not out of your way, but we'll coordinate and see if we can make it work.

Reactions: G.Goodwin

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
To all in PNW, we are having our annual Rendezvous at the ranch if anyone is interested. Link below will take you to our website with details. Stay safe out there.

Rendezvous (whiskey7backroads.com)
Hi Brent, I followed the link but it says for paid members only, does that mean we need to pay to find the details or pay to attend? just want to be clear.

Thanks!

Reactions: whiskey7backroads

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
Hi Brent, I followed the link but it says for paid members only, does that mean we need to pay to find the details or pay to attend? just want to be clear.

Thanks!
I forgot, I have included a free trial below for overland bound. We made it paid because people who attended last year wanted some port a pottys and some tents etc. Two trial codes below, one for 1-2 people and one for family. Let me know if it doesn't work. Thanks

Whiskey 7 Backroads (this for 1-2 people)
Whiskey 7 Backroads (this for family)