Livermore, California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Azevedo
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HKF
Well Sean @AzzyRnr will be on day 5 of running with a trailer and he’s the best of all of us. Devilishly handsome as well
I’m just doing my best trying to figure it out, like everyone else. Playing to my vanity and telling the right lies, is why we’re friends Dave.

Reactions: Ebbs and PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Well Sean @AzzyRnr will be on day 5 of running with a trailer and he’s the best of all of us. Devilishly handsome as well
I’m just doing my best trying to figure it out, like everyone else. Playing to my vanity and telling the right lies, is why we’re friends Dave.
For a stalker Sean you are the nicest!

For everyone else attending this trip Sean is a good friend of mine who is from just a wee bit south of Boise. He will be sporting some new gear that I’m excited to see, plus his wife and boys will be joining us! And his full grown puppy too!

Reactions: AzzyRnr and Ebbs

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
I'll have my two pups along as well. Chester a 6y/o Rhodesian Ridgeback and Roscoe a 2y/o yellow Lab
PXL_20230518_015527754.jpgPXL_20221016_155441238.jpg

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

We’ll be there but we are going to have to head back Saturday evening/late afternoon for a local event for us on Sunday.

Reactions: Ebbs

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
We discussed this trip today at the North Idaho monthly meet up and everyone is pretty pumped to get out on the BDR. We are still finalizing the route and about a week before the trip you’ll receive a forum email chat group where we will discuss final points for the trip. Looking forward to it!

Codeman

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Post Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Hanson
Hi Everyone,

My wife, son, and I have some time next Saturday to scope out part of this route. That said, we don't have time to run all of it. If anyone has the desire to do a full pre-run next weekend, let us know! I've never run this route, but have some friends that have a few weeks ago. It was recommended to me that we have chainsaws. Sounds like there were several downed trees along the route with minimal clearance for full-size rigs.

The other thing I wanted to pitch to the group was our intended start time. Originally, we talked about a mid-day start. We could still do this, but I know there are a few of us that can't make it until later in the evening. Another option is we could start out around 5-6PM and get a start on the trail. However we slice it up, our days shouldn't be too long depending on how many obstacles we come across. Even if we started out mid-day, I would vote we find a spot to stop that's manageable for those starting later to make it before dark.

Let me know your thoughts!

Reactions: PapaDave and Ebbs

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
First, I'm in regardless.
Second in my experience because the BDRs are designed around motorcycle travel and what's difficult for them due to stability issues hardly makes us blink. I did section 1 and half of two on the WABDR in one day an that included stopping at the ice caves. I'm guessing we might want to have some additional "offshoots" planned (I can absolutely help with this) or we might be looking for camp at like 1or 2 Saturday night. Especially if you get too far down the trail Friday night.

Lastly, Natalie doesn't get home until 6-630. So we'll be leaving around that time. I in no way expect everyone to wait for us, we'll meet you all at camp, but n no it driving until 11 would be appreciated

I'm going to the Northwest Overland Rally and will be back Sunday. If needed I can prerun a bit on Monday as well. Maybe starting at the north end and go south to do least any non tundra width sections.

Codeman

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Post Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Hanson
First, I'm in regardless.
Second in my experience because the BDRs are designed around motorcycle travel and what's difficult for them due to stability issues hardly makes us blink. I did section 1 and half of two on the WABDR in one day an that included stopping at the ice caves. I'm guessing we might want to have some additional "offshoots" planned (I can absolutely help with this) or we might be looking for camp at like 1or 2 Saturday night. Especially if you get too far down the trail Friday night.

Lastly, Natalie doesn't get home until 6-630. So we'll be leaving around that time. I in no way expect everyone to wait for us, we'll meet you all at camp, but n no it driving until 11 would be appreciated

I'm going to the Northwest Overland Rally and will be back Sunday. If needed I can prerun a bit on Monday as well. Maybe starting at the north end and go south to do least any non tundra width sections.
Thanks, Brandon. I agree, night one my thought was to get started, but make it a short drive. That will give everyone the opportunity to make it to camp at a decent hour. This was my main focus for next weekend's pre-run was to establish a good spot and let everyone know ahead of time so they knew where to go. For night 2, there are a couple of spots we could check out. Spyglass Lookout sits roughly at the halfway mark and is a mile off the primary route. Another nearby option is Magee Rangers Cabin which is a short distance away. I believe this cabin is a rental, but there's also a workstation and remote airstrip on the grounds. This could potentially serve as a good spot to camp for night 2.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Thanks, Brandon. I agree, night one my thought was to get started, but make it a short drive. That will give everyone the opportunity to make it to camp at a decent hour. This was my main focus for next weekend's pre-run was to establish a good spot and let everyone know ahead of time so they knew where to go. For night 2, there are a couple of spots we could check out. Spyglass Lookout sits roughly at the halfway mark and is a mile off the primary route. Another nearby option is Magee Rangers Cabin which is a short distance away. I believe this cabin is a rental, but there's also a workstation and remote airstrip on the grounds. This could potentially serve as a good spot to camp for night 2.
I’m down for a pre-run and sounds like a solid plan

A.Desert.Creature

Rank IV

Member III

University Place, Washington, United States
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Padgett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7EEP
Hey all, I'll be traveling over from Washington for the run. This will be my first BDR run and I'm looking forward to it!

I've seen some discussion about moving the start time, is it still 1pm at the Mobil in CDA?

I have HAM and GMRS but my HAM is only an HT at the moment. I haven't mounted up the mobile unit in this rig yet.

Codeman

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Post Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Hanson
Hey all, I'll be traveling over from Washington for the run. This will be my first BDR run and I'm looking forward to it!

I've seen some discussion about moving the start time, is it still 1pm at the Mobil in CDA?

I have HAM and GMRS but my HAM is only an HT at the moment. I haven't mounted up the mobile unit in this rig yet.
Let’s plan on meeting at the Mobil gas station in Cda right off the Sherman St. exit at 1pm. From here we’ll make our way to Wallace. For anyone coming Montana, we can plan on meeting at North Idaho Mountain Brewery which will be our official starting point for the route. From here, we can plan on officially starting by 2:30pm. I’ll attach map links below for the brewery. Let me know if you need directions to the Mobil gas station for anyone meeting up in Cda.

North Idaho Mountain Brew, Ltd. Co. - 2:30pm
North Idaho Mountain Brew, Ltd. Co. - Google Search

PapaDave and I are going out Saturday to scout out a camp spot for the first night. As I mentioned before, we’re planning on a short drive that first day, so anyone that can’t make it out until later doesn’t have to rush to make it to camp. We’ll post the coordinates to the campsite we find this weekend.

For comms, let’s stick with GMRS since that is typically what most people have.

Last edited:

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
Let’s plan on meeting at the Mobil gas station in Cda right off the Sherman St. exit at 1pm. From here we’ll make our way to Wallace. For anyone coming Montana, we can plan on meeting at North Idaho Mountain Brewery which will be our official starting point for the route. From here, we can plan on officially starting by 2:30pm. I’ll attach map links below for the brewery. Let me know if you need directions to the Mobil gas station for anyone meeting up in Cda.

North Idaho Mountain Brew, Ltd. Co. - 2:30pm
North Idaho Mountain Brew, Ltd. Co. - Google Search

For comms, let’s stick with GMRS since that is typically what most people have.
Sounds good. I will probably be hit the road by 6-615. Hopefully traffic is resolved by then. I will probably still take backroads at least to Spokane valley, but maybe all the way into Post Falls. I'm guessing it'll be 8-830 before we get to Hayden. At least I get amaze everyone with my lights (ok not really)

Oh and Dave convinced me of my off-road prowess, so I'll wait for 4th of July weekend to install it. Meaning any chance I get stuck... Dave is responsible!

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Sounds good. I will probably be hit the road by 6-615. Hopefully traffic is resolved by then. I will probably still take backroads at least to Spokane valley, but maybe all the way into Post Falls. I'm guessing it'll be 8-830 before we get to Hayden. At least I get amaze everyone with my lights (ok not really)

Oh and Dave convinced me of my off-road prowess, so I'll wait for 4th of July weekend to install it. Meaning any chance I get stuck... Dave is responsible!
Yup if you get stuck there’s plenty of people I’m sure who will want to help so I can sip on my Chardonnay while we wait for you

• Haha
Reactions: AzzyRnr and Ebbs

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
@Navillusjt are you still planning on coming this trip?

@Two Sheds Andy you are signed up, but are you coming? I haven’t heard from you at all. Hope all is well!

Looking forward to getting on the trail today! See almost everyone at 1pm

Reactions: Ebbs